Insect sprays/Cockroach bombs and surface spray

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssshazza

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering is it safe to use any of these around the house when you have reptiles?
I don't like the idea of it, but maybe i'm just paranoid lol

Or maybe you know of a reptile safe alternative that you could tell us?

Cheers, Shaz

Hi - I definitely wouldn't use a bomb. Insect spray & Surface spray I've used on the outside of the enclosure, but not willy nilly in the room (i.e. I'll do the insect spray to get rid of one fly e.g.)
We get our house sprayed once a year & our guy works around the lizards, I never have to move them.

We "bombed" the house last week. I moved the snakes into one of the bedrooms, left that window open, the fans on, put towels along the bottom of the door and put the bombs through the rest of the house. Now that the house has well and truly aired I'll do the bedroom that was missed. (keeping the snakes well away of course).
I just made sure all the animals were well away from the spray.

I just bombed mine a couple months ago...I took my snakes out of the house while I did it...After the house had been done and aired out, i scrubbed their tank so there wasn't any residue in it before I put the snakes back in. They've been fine since, no problems.

I use surface spray, cockroach baits all over the house, except in the lounge room where i keep the snake tanks. I have found in the colder weather alot of bugs hang-around in the warm reptile tanks, especially those damn cockroaches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back