Escapee HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eamonn

Reaction score
HELP i woke up this morning to find my Coastal Carpet hatchling not in his cadge. The door to the room that he is in was shut but their is a gap he could of fit out of. I have pulled the room apart looking for him but i can't see him at all.

Maybe if you put a heat lamp in your room which is turned on he might come and bask in it. or you could put out a mouse or somethinig like that:|

The best thing to do atm is shut all doors etc in the room the cage is in.Wait till tonight just after dark walk around with a torch,depending on the last time it ate,you can also put a pinky near a heatsort and hopefully the coastal will smell it.Usually they dont go that far,just double check everything again,its amazing some spots they can crawl into.You can pull the room apart but be careful,best of luck..

I don't mean to be critical of anyone here but I've been seeing a few posts lately of people's reptiles escaping, and yet to come across any that have been found.

This is one of the main reasons exotics are illegal, as they escape and wreak havoc on the native wildlife.

Accidents can happen but that doesn't help nature in the case of an introduced pest. Then there are our pets that we love so much, that escape proofing their enclosure should be of primary concern, and maybe even checked by someone else for security.

Also, try to think of a fail safe method that if the door is opened, it is not forgotten, or the snake is tranferred to another locked and sealed enclosure in case of distraction or whatever else. Treat it as venomous, at any point is it free or able to leave it's enclosure?

All is good i found him hiding under the TV. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:shock::shock::shock:

I'm glad you have found him.It never happened to me I have been very fortunate and now she is over 5ft long. I had her in a click clack until she got big enough to use a glass enclosure I bought from a reptile store in Toowoomba that sadly has gone now!! From there she went into another wooden enclosure that had been used by a previous owner of snakes, hte glass was so hard to slide open took all my strength to do so!!

Her current enclosure has perpexsliding doors and she has never got out nor tried to press against it at all. Yes somesnakes will want to get out and continue to try so am very lucky my girl isn't like that. I hope he takes a feed for you soon. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back