Good Pancake Recipe?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie210

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This is probaly stupid thing to ask and stuff, but was wondering if you guys have any recipes to make real nice pancakes? like ones like the macdonalds lol,

oh ps, just i really wannt to make some nice good ones, with out buying them "shake n bake" things like hobbo sed ;)
oh and i plan to make some tonight :D

Last edited:
Basic Recipe Ingredients:

Flour (preferably whole grain flour)
Milk or a combination of milk/buttermilk or milk with a dollop or two of whipping cream
Eggs
Vanilla extract
Baking powder
A little melted butter or a little vgetable oil ( you can use olive oil but it must be extra light extra virgin olive oil so it doesn't damage the taste
Pure maple syrup (or sugar for those who use sugar)

Here's how to make the pancakes. Put some flour and baking powder into a bowl. The rule of thumb for baking powder is approximately 1 tsp per cup of flour. If you put too much baking powder, the batter may taste a bit salty (which is easy to rectify). Too little will mean that the pancakes won't rise. Don't fret or worry if you put too much or too little. The pancakes will still taste good.

Add one or two eggs (I always use 1 egg unless I make an extra large batter), milk, vanilla extract, butter and syrup. Here's how to measure. Pour the egg and milk and stir. If the batter is too soupy, add more flour. If it's too thick add more milk. If you're not used to winging it, pour the milk in slowly until the batter reaches the desired consistency.

Add the extract of choice. We always use vanilla extract no matter what type of pancake we make. Next add the maple syrup. The syrup will enhance the batter with its wonderful maple flavor and sweetness. Sometimes we like them just slightly sweet to go well with a cup of coffee and other times, the kids like it sweeter. You decide on how sweet to make it.

Mix well. Take a spoon, dip it in the batter and do a quick taste test. It's the last chance to alter the flavor. Once you approve, cook the batter in a frying pan or skillet.

***** A trick I sometimes use to make the pancake fluffier is to separate the egg yolk from the white and beat to soft peaks ans fold in to the mixture after the milk. You can also use buttermilk and/or a little bit of cream with your milk to the pancake lighter. Ensure that when you cook, use a medium to moderate heat pan with a light spray of canola oit or butter.

Here is my fav recipe. It makes approx 6 good size pancakes and they are crispy round they edges. And it is soo easy!
1 cup plain flour
1 cup milk
3 eggs.
Mix well
Put knob of butter in hot frypan & pour batter in. Roll the pan till mixture spreads, not too thick & cook till crispy brown. Serve with lemon & sugar, jam or Maple syrup.
Yuuummy!!!! Enjoy!

If you let the batter sit for at least an hour before cooking (or over night if you want it for breakfast in the morning) it makes pancakes really fluffy.

if you want fluffy then just one hint- separate your eggs yolks from the white and mix the yolks with your dry ingredients and beat the white to a soft peak and gently fold the 2 together. and top with real good quality maple syrup....mmmmm...then go for a run

After reading this im going to try ur recipe kak! u guys have given me cravings! michaels on his way down to get me some eggs now lol!!

All day I felt like I wanted to eat....something.......but just didn't know what....I read this and said to my husband...that's it...PANCAKES....so I went and made some....nothing special, just flour, sugar, eggs & milk but did the trick....yummmmmeeeeeee !!!

just use the usual ingredients ,flour ect ...then add a lil bit of lemonade , when some one told me this i was like *** , just try it ,best pancakes ever.

:D

1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 egg.
cant go wrong

mix all together then wisk. wisk to the stage when you leave it you can see the odd bubble come up. makes em nice and fluffy

Last edited:
Im making Pancakes this morning,
Here is my recipe:

1 3/4 cups SR flour
1/2 tsp baking powder (i never use this)
1 tbslp caster sugar (i usually use about 3 lol)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk

Makes a good batch, i might try putting vanilla in it today and see if they taste any different

Here one that I always use:

Pikelets:

Ingredients:
1 cup of plain flour
1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder
1 egg
1 cup of milk

Method:
Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then whisk the egg and the milk together in a seperate bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour mix, the pour the milk mix into the well. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer.

Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil into a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, pour as many small amounts of the pancake mix as you can onto the pan. Flip over when bubbles appear on the top side, the colour shoud be golden brown. Take the pancake of the pan when they are golden brown on both sides.

Enjoy with butter and maple syrup or lemon & suger. This recipe makes about ten pikelets.

Yum, I reckon I might make some pancakes for afternoon tea and invite my neighbour round! I've not tried lemonade in pancakes before but have a really nice scone recipe using it (3 cups self raising flour, 1 cup of lemonade and 1 cup of cream), makes for really fluffy delish scones!

Ahhhhh, now here is the other question............plain or sr flour ? I wasn't sure yesterday when I made mine, so I used plain flour.....good, but wasn't sure if it should have been SR....it's ages since I'd made them. Still they were yummy anyway, so what I did couldn't have been too wrong.

Lemondade in the mixture...sounds interesting.

so ive been looking at pancake recipes, and some say "2 cups of all-purpose flour & 1 tbsp of baking powder"... instead of adding baking powder, can i use sr flour instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back