Mousie Pix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, guys.. There are no satin mice in Australia.. :( Sucks but true.

And No-Two, the mouse in the third pic is a marked dove brindle.. I am SO jealous. Lol. And the choc tan has HUGE eyes! Betcha that mouse would win a prize at the show for conformation.

VixenBabe, Those mice don't look like burmese... ?? Weird colours.. Maybe weird siamese or something? I might ask the fancy world what they think if it's alright to use your pic to show them?

VixenBabe, If you do get into fancy breeding let me know cos i know a few breeders up your way with beautiful mice :)

Hint though.. Don't advertise the fact you breed for food.. It's highly frowned upon.

Yeah that third one is pretty cool, I've only got her thoguh, bred her to a dove tan boy to see what happens, preggers now I think. They're pretty cool.

VixenBabe, Those mice don't look like burmese... ?? Weird colours.. Maybe weird siamese or something? I might ask the fancy world what they think if it's alright to use your pic to show them?

Yeh figured it wasnt Burmese after looking on the AFRMA, but just easier to label is that instead of weird dark himalayan looking thing. :lol: Feel free to post the pics.

Also wouldnt mind hearing about some of the breeders up this way, I know a few but might be some I dont know of. And yes I know its frowned on with the snakes :lol: but TBH its really none of their business to get cranky at me, they like mice, I like snakes.

I actually like mice just as much as any of them do, its just im into snakes aswell.

those first piccies of those mice are just adorable............. I remember my son wanting to buy a mouse (which he did), that had the exact same markings on it's face as our beloved but departed border collie who was a top obedience dog. There were only two mice in the cage when he bought this little black and white mouse, the other was a normal brown one. Afraid the one left behind would get lonely, the soppy lad went and bought both!!!!! Guess where they got left when said son moved out of home????

Those are some FAT mice. What the hell do you feed those things??

:oops: Err, they get pellets - not always rodent pellets coz they aren't available locally so usually alternate between other pellets for them. Ones like horse, cattle & pig are 3 that I've given them. They also get scraps from our kitchen.

LOL!

I will post those pics and see if i can get some answers abour your mouse VixenBabe. Will also get details of the QLD breeders. You may like one of them cos she's into reptiles as well :)

No-Two, i'm pretty sure you should get more dove brindles if you bred her to a dove tan..

You know what? I think the mouse is actually colour point beige. I don't know why i didn't think of it earlier lol

Maybe shes just a seal point? I always assumed seal points to have a white body but with stronger point colours than a himalayan, but judging by the standard :

SEAL POINT SIAMESE - The Seal Point Siamese mouse is to be a warm beige, as even as possible over the entire body, shading to a deeper color on the hindquarters. The colors should blend gradually and there should be no white hairs or mealiness to the color. The points should be a rich chocolate color and should be well defined on the muzzle, being confined to the whisker area only. The ears, feet, tail, and tail-root are dark also, but are of a slightly lighter shade.

I posted on the other forum with your pics so we should know soon lol

Seal point siamese are a LOT darker than what your girl is. And the shading is more noticeable on SPs. That's why i'm thinking CPB. I have one similar as well.

Ok, there's been two replies and both are leaning towards CPB too lol

I don't have any terribly interesting mice, but I took photos anyway. I have no idea what the colours are called but I like the light brown coloured ones. All the black ones seem to be a bit wild and evil, and the albinos seem to be the friendliest.

coloured4.jpg

coloured3.jpg

coloured2.jpg

coloured1.jpg

An old shot of a bunch of babies I got out of my coloured mice.
babies1.jpg

and what I mostly get now. Baby mice are so damn cute:
albinos1.jpg

babies2.jpg

That's a really lovely looking bone girl in the third pic! And it also looks like you have a hereford (sp?) in the pic under her with the white face. So cute :)

Mice and rat babies are the cutest. I wish they stayed like that lol

The conformation is so much better in feeder breeders mice rather than pet breeders. Might have to suss out all the feeders around Sydney lol

That's a really lovely looking bone girl in the third pic! And it also looks like you have a hereford (sp?) in the pic under her with the white face. So cute :)

Mice and rat babies are the cutest. I wish they stayed like that lol

The conformation is so much better in feeder breeders mice rather than pet breeders. Might have to suss out all the feeders around Sydney lol

Great looking creatures everyone has. Another member observed that reptile owners tend to breed good show animals because they have a use for the ones that don't make the grade. I buy my rats from a feeder breeder who also sells for pets. They are so much healthier looking than some of the mutant ones I have brought from pet stores, and they have better litters. Need to get a few mice going now as well.

Since getting into reptiles 5 or 6 years ago, I have to say I immensely enjoy the variations of the colours of our mice over the years. At the moment dont have alot of mice, but the numbers are starting to pick up nicely. Ive never attempted to line breed mice or anything, but love waiting for new pinkies to colour up! anyhow a few pics of our mice:

(Would like to point out that the first mouse is very overweight - she actually use to be bigger as in, you could barely see her feet there was just so much mouse! Bought her from the petshop, not really expecting her to breed, but she is an awesome nanny to all the bubs)

Attachments

• IMG_4358.JPG
    IMG_4358.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4362.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4363.JPG
    IMG_4363.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4367.JPG
    IMG_4367.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4368.JPG
    IMG_4368.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 29
My favourite lil mouse is in the second pic, its a blue colour with a white saddle back.

Attachments

• IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4377.JPG
    IMG_4377.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4378.JPG
    IMG_4378.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4381.JPG
    IMG_4381.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 27
Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous pictures. Love checking out the variety even in the least favourable pets.

I am currently striving for a colony of white mice. Yep, plain old boring white, red-eyed mice. Of my 50 mice I have just 1 pure white fellow so once she is old enough to breed, hopefully will have a bub or two to keep to put with her.

Attachments

• 052 (2).jpg
    052 (2).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back