heres an interesting fact..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoon84

Reaction score
Just downloaded a David Attenborough documentary about geckos and he said that theorectically, a gecko stuck to the ceiling could hang a 90lb backpack from it and not come unstuck, It just goes to show the incredible strength these creatures have, he also said that their feet come unstuck and reattach a whopping 15 times per second!!!!
I was absolutely astounded!!! :D

If you happen to see a gecko stuck to the roof carrying a backpack it's a sure sign

that you have had way to much vodka ;)

I think the back pack analagy is just to demonstrate their (for lack of a better word) suction power.

It would be funny seeing a gecko carrying a backpack though.

I think the back pack analagy is just to demonstrate their (for lack of a better word) suction power.

It would be funny seeing a gecko carrying a backpack though.

i agree. its just like something similar which has been said about spider's web. (may have been David Attenborough..) apparently its stronger than steel..in proportions. obviously we are able to wave our arm through a web and break it, but a large mass of web put together is stronger than steel:shock::|:p

i agree. its just like something similar which has been said about spider's web. (may have been David Attenborough..) apparently its stronger than steel..in proportions. obviously we are able to wave our arm through a web and break it, but a large mass of web put together is stronger than steel:shock::|:p

well i know its my muscles......

hmm I'd be careful about stating "downloading" any thing unless you expressly state you paid for it..

Haha what documentary is it?anywhere to watch it?

www.mininova.org, just search for reptiles.
You need a program such as Utorrent to download it...

P.S : Hoon84 does NOT in any way condone video piracy.
Video piracy is illegal and cant result in HUGE fines and even impisonment,,,,,,Blah...Blah...Blah.....

P.S.S WHO CARES LOL....

the moderators and owner who can be sued for allowing such to be posted... *slaps forehead*

Backpacking geckos annoy the hell out of me... They come to my country, treat it like crap, take all the women.... oh, and the drunken parties... They're a mess.

Yeah as was stated the 90lb was THEORETICALLY(sp?) SPEAKING. Sir Attenborough is an absolute legend. As far as im concerened if he said it it's true lol.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back