car insurance

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aami will use second hand parts on your car and also get 3 panels beaters to quote and give it to the cheap one just some thing i learnt in the game i work with tow truck and my dad is a beater so we wont touch aami
but what ever works for you, you pay for what you get

Get one of these they are fuel efficient

112354.jpg

I use NRMA, and have for about 12 years
They were the cheapest when i was looking for insurance and now i have contents insurance and also get my 3rd party from them so its even cheaper ;)

drazzy i actually sell them LOL or i feel like i should at the new dealership i work at

i would always use just cars who is underwritten by AAMI never use your budget ones like BUDGET DIRECT , YOUI or REAL as they will generally dodge your claim come claim time i see it happent o many customers and recommend paying the few extra bob and staying with a name you can trust

I'm with AAMI, and I love them - on a student budget. It was $235 a year with third party, fire/theft/auto which is cheap compared to other places (for me.) I'm also well aware of the excess; but if I do crash, I'm not going to have to worry about paying anymore premiums.

MMM damn you all wingeing about three digit figures. I rang around and the cheapest I could find was $2100 a year insured for 15 and with $1500 excess!! That was NRMA. I then figured out that Allianz gives immediate family members of people with existing no claim bonuses the same equivelent no claim. So I got 65% no claim bonus straight up! I am still paying 1400 a year insured for 16,000 and $600 excess. The joy of being under 25! For the record I have a clean record aswell and it still costs me this much!

Get one of these they are fuel efficient

112354.jpg

Maybe fuel efficient, but the Govt and RTA are sure to charge you a fortune for the weight of the thing and the damage to their quality roads.....

My car is costing me just about $800 a year on rego and ctp 'alone'. The motor vehicle tax (which is part of the rego bill) is 7 times the cost of the rego! What is the purpose of this tax? It is to get cars off the road. So I go buy a motorbike, I slash 5000km a year off the mileage of the car (halving it's use, but still needing it) so where's my discount for getting it off the road??
Australian Govt = Australian Mafia

Be careful with aami,they do provide cheap insurance but you dont get much for the money you spend.
Im insured with mutual community and the policy entitles me to 1 new window every year
AAMI gives you a new windscreen every year for an extra $88 I think it was.

aami will use second hand parts on your car and also get 3 panels beaters to quote and give it to the cheap one just some thing i learnt in the game i work with tow truck and my dad is a beater so we wont touch aami
but what ever works for you, you pay for what you get
I had to get three quotes with AAMI but in the end I got to choose who I wanted anyway because I live in an isolated rural area so I just said I want that guy because he is a lot closer (he is also the best luckily) ;)
Don't know about second hand parts as I've only had body repairs and a windscreen, but surely the decision to use second hand parts is the smash repair dudes not the insurers :? I'm just glad I know my local smash repair guy and he would never use second hand parts...

I had to get three quotes with AAMI but in the end I got to choose who I wanted anyway because I live in an isolated rural area so I just said I want that guy because he is a lot closer (he is also the best luckily) ;)
Don't know about second hand parts as I've only had body repairs and a windscreen, but surely the decision to use second hand parts is the smash repair dudes not the insurers :? I'm just glad I know my local smash repair guy and he would never use second hand parts...

in rural may be a bit different cause of the shortage of beaters but as i said i only know this as i worked with tow truck for 8 years and all the panel shops we deal with will not repair aami cause of the second hand parts (including panels) and the cheap prices they need to do the work for and dad has been a beater for 30 years and he will say the same thing

Not heard anyone mention CGU yet... they are a major insurer.............. we insure the vehicles AND house and contents, broke a window once, rang CGU and they said ok, they'll deal with it, had a guy knocking on the door that afternoon, did a great job too! Our car insurance is half the price AAMI would have charged us, AND they don't use second hand parts, the incident I had in the car with my daughter in the new year (some may remember reading about it), it was repaired quickly, at a reputable repairers, and the work done was A class, couldn't fault the workmanship nor the parts they replaced!

So really you arent getting free glass once a year you are paying a premium to have the "FREE" glass option
Dont kid yourself,the decision as to whether second hand parts are used or not is up to the insurance company and how much they allow the repairer to spend on parts.It has nothing to do the the repairer,given the choice most repairers if not all would always use new parts as they are easier to source and always fit

Not heard anyone mention CGU yet... they are a major insurer.............. we insure the vehicles AND house and contents, broke a window once, rang CGU and they said ok, they'll deal with it, had a guy knocking on the door that afternoon, did a great job too! Our car insurance is half the price AAMI would have charged us, AND they don't use second hand parts, the incident I had in the car with my daughter in the new year (some may remember reading about it), it was repaired quickly, at a reputable repairers, and the work done was A class, couldn't fault the workmanship nor the parts they replaced!

CGU is a part of the SGIC operation.But CGU do and will send your car interstate to repair it if the tender is cheaper

I am with Alianz, so easy to deal with, choose your own reparier and reasonably priced, $1000 / year to insure a 35k car.... Cant beat that in my mind...

Do they do deals to insure ur car and house insurance aswel bev?

seems like there is a few other places i should look into after i have read all the opinions i might give mutual comm a call today, after all isnt that the one that had that cute kid on the advert that did that croc bit about "my head went that way and me legs went that way" lol that add was cute!

DONT go with RACQ (RACA or whatever they are called in adelaide), I was insured with them full comp for years and when my car got stolen they screwed me over BIG TIME! with a pay out that was a fraction of the cars worth and almost what i was paying a year to insure the thing. RIP OFFS!

its ok discomat i dont think i had even heard of them before lol ill make sure i dont bother calling them if i come across there number tho sorry u got ripped off

It doesn't matter what company you go with they will try and get out of it or pay you less, I see no good reason to pay double because of the name.

MMM damn you all wingeing about three digit figures. I rang around and the cheapest I could find was $2100 a year insured for 15 and with $1500 excess!! That was NRMA. I then figured out that Allianz gives immediate family members of people with existing no claim bonuses the same equivelent no claim. So I got 65% no claim bonus straight up! I am still paying 1400 a year insured for 16,000 and $600 excess. The joy of being under 25! For the record I have a clean record aswell and it still costs me this much!
:shock::shock: what a HUGE difference with age and price hey?-Im 38 and NRMA covering me for agreed 51k at 1200 a year with 600 buck excess. They were the only ones who would cover my fourby with allllll the extra goodies on it.
I feel for ya-
Cheers
Fab

DONT go with RACQ (RACA or whatever they are called in adelaide), I was insured with them full comp for years and when my car got stolen they screwed me over BIG TIME! with a pay out that was a fraction of the cars worth and almost what i was paying a year to insure the thing. RIP OFFS!

If you mean the RAA (Royal Automobile Association) I have nothing but praise for them.
I originally had car insurance with SGIC which was about $1000 a year. RAA, $450 a year.
There are discounts if you have been an RAA member for years. One of my cars had
a bit of a bingle when my daughter rear ended someone. Choice of repairer, hire car,
phone follow up, couldn't have been happier with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back