Breeding BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Well as the breeding season is with us, so are all the Q&As.

And I have another one for those who are well versed in BHP breeding.

The Data I have explains that both sexes of BHP will have a pre-season slough prior to mating. The aurthor waits till after this slough to introduce males to females. It also states that initial mating occurs during May through to the end of July.

Well the month of May is almost done and dusted and i am yet to see a slough or introduce my male to my female.

From your own experience do all BHP slough before mating or should I place my male in with my female with it occuring prior?

Any of your own shared experiences are appreciated.

Cheers

BUMP. Anyone had their BHP slough prior to mating?

I put my male in with the female last night anyway and the male showed interest flicking his spurs on her side and lifting his tail in the air.

thanks iceman I will pair them earlier next year if I have no joy this time round.

breeding bhp's is eazy Ewan, i did it 1st time i ever try an have breed my bhp's every year for the last 3yrs no worry at all. the latest i've ever put them together was june an they still breed for me. so you should be fine mate.

cheers.
luke.

Cheers again iceman that's good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back