Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetangel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
HI guys, im doing an essay at uni. and i am wanting some replies on why you like reptiles?

So why do you like reptiles?

maybe in the answer you can give a reason and some examples about why you like them.
and what reptiles you have.

Thanks guys :)

Hey sweetangel,

I like reptiles because they are an unusual and exotic pet, that not everyone else would like. They are amazing creatures that have down right great little personalities of their own. I also like them because they can be mean as anything one minute and unusually calm at the next, much like people. Also i like to scare the morman's who come to the door and try to get me to comit to some god squad as soon as they see a lizard they freak!!!!!!!!

i like reptiles because they are different...the are an independant animal, nobody likes em and are majorly missunderstood ad unique cretures and it just amazing what they need to do to survive

Just cause their down right awesome! They feel good, look good and I love the expressions ya get of so many people!:)

i like em coz there cool and unique and it doesnt matter how small they r they still scare door knockers and teachers away

Reptiles have only been aloud as pets since 2003 in WA... yet i always wanted one as a young kid after visiting melbourne and seeing snakes in the pet stores there. its just human nature to want what you cant have. the rest is history really. as soon as i could afford it and was old enough etc i brought reptiles.

i also keep them because its different, intersting and sparks good conversation and nothing is more interesting than watching a snake eat !! its been a while now and im still not bored HAHA. hope that helps

i really think the question should be "Why DONT you own reptiles"

-Dan

i dont know exactly why, i have always just loved em since i was a small lad, then when i found out how easy they are too look after and how easy it is to get them, well thats how i got into keeping them

I like reptiles because they are unique and very Australian. They dont dig holes, bark, destroy your possesions crap on inside (unless your unlucky) they dont wake you up at 1 in the morning when someone passes the house, they are easy to care for and cheap to maintain.
I keep Bredli.

cos they dont argue!!..they tell you!!..jsut love that they dont take any BS,and they have to be the most unique animal to observe and respekt!!..also some lizards remind me of birds!! if any one can agree wityh me there!..i dont like birds! ahah,but i recon they do,wich makes them even more interesting!.i love that they are (most) are predators/hunters. and that some that you would think would be hunters feed exclusivly on vegetation and sea alge/weed..colouration!,skin texture!,the way they move!body n bone structure..their mythology and history they have thru out the world with religions and tribes and how far it dates back to!..,their habitats and the way they live,the way they eat! they way they dont need to eat for such a long period of time!,how they give live birth,lay eggs,building nests,protective parents,the way they can move and swim,fastest land snake black mamba,from a slow paced chameleon to the gliding paradise tree snake to the semi aqautic sea iguana!..and mostly how long they have survived for and addapted on this planet!..the new age dinosaures! :) ..so overall...such a interesting and unique animal..and thats why i like em!! all of it!!

We love reptiles just like we love all our animals not because of any one thing we love our dogs as they behave like dogs our sheep because the behave like sheep our goats because they behave like goats and our reptiles because they behave like reptiles etc hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back