washing the ornaments

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

also76

Reaction score
hey guys was wondering if its all good that i clean out my tank, hide rock, plants, vines etc with hot water with a bit of detol then i rinse everything off and put it back.

i know everyone uses bleach, F10 and all that sort of stuff, but i think the detol does the job... anything i should know ?

thanks guys

-Dan

never heard of people using detol but you could give it a go then deicide for yourself

I've found a use for my hand held steam cleaner that came with my vacuum cleaner now we have herps..Gets those scats off no worries..

I used to use hot water and dettol, never had any problems, just made sure i let everythign air out before putting the reps back in as the smell sometimes lingers. I use reptikleen from herp shop now cos it doesnt have the odour probs, but yeah, dettol worked fine.

White vinegar is a natural disinfectant, diluted in hot water works great and air dried before going back into the tank......cheap too!

thanks alot for all the replies. was just mainly unsure wether to spend the money on F10 or not... think ill invest in some when im finished building my bigger tank, but for now its only for the click clack.
thanks guys
-Dan

Dettol can have a really adverse reaction in some animals so I would stick to diluted bleach or vinegar, rinsing well and air drying before returning to the enclosure.

might have to clean out the enclosure again tonight then :S thanks jess. ill try out the vinegar... any idea how much ?

For the vinegar I usually use 1:2 ratio, 1 part vinegar 2 parts water. Cause it's natural, so long as you let it air dry well the ratio doesn't really matter that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back