diamonds been housed outdoors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brenttin

Reaction score
hey just wondering wat peoples thoughts of diamonds been house outdoors e.g problems , expiences if they have done or anything else cheers brenttin

id say maintaining a decent temp would be harder in the cooler months i personally wouldnt house anything outside for saftey reasons, u dont want people knicking off with them and there is scum that would do something like that around unfortunatly

yea there was a thread on here last week sayin diamonds proferre colder temps other pythons ive got a aggresive dog and i wood put a lock on it

id say because you live in the natural area where diamond pythons occur, there wouldnt be a problem with it.

id say maintaining a decent temp would be harder in the cooler months i personally wouldnt house anything outside for saftey reasons, u dont want people knicking off with them and there is scum that would do something like that around unfortunatly

It's actually the other way around with Diamonds. There are many people who bring them in for summer.

I keep my trio outside (western sydney) year round with no supplemental heating. Avairy needs to be postioned correctly to recieve plenty of sunshine early and late but shaded in the middle of the day, especially in summer. Insulated hide boxes are good too, lining a timber box with sheets of foam works well. Avairy needs good drainage too, you don't want a damp cage. If you are going to keep more than one in there I recommend you separate them for feeding eg put them into plastic storage tubs etc.

We live in Emerald in Central QLD and house our pair of diamonds outside and have done for a year now.

So far no probs and hopefully they might breed this season for us.

The cooler temps are better for breeding.

Ours get the morning to lunch time sun and them shade in the avo - summer, winter, autumn and spring.

oh really i dont no much about diamonds thats cool, but i still wouldnt be housing them outside unless u think its really safe and they wont get pinched

how do u get them used to been outside cos goin to be a big temp differents from my room to the backyard cos my room is always nice and warm with having 5 enclosures in there

i can only hope i live in nice area not much happens around here but things do happen i have a massive room but my pair of diamonds r just gettin to big for there enclosure now and i dont have room for a bigger enclosure with havin the other 4 tanks in there and im not down sizin so that is the only opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back