my honduras earthquake experience

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi people
just on one of my little overseas adventures at the moment and yesterday arrived on the stunning honduras carribean island of Roatan.at 2:24 am the wife and i were being thrown around our hotel room while the 7.1 earthquake hit. everything was literally moving back and forth about half a meter which made it impossible to get to the door so we just hung on the bed until it stopped. we were in a 3 story hotel and were staying on the ground floor so we were lucky the other 2 storys didn't come crashing down on us.we raced up to the top floor with the other guests in case a tsunami was on its way.after half an hour and many tremors later we went back to bed only to be woken again by another 4.8 quake that had me running for the door again.
on the news in the morning we realised how lucky we were as the epi-center was only about 40 km from the island.a few cities on the mainland surrered major damage with around 90 homes,buildings and bridges destroyed, and at this point ,i think ,6 people dead and 17 injured.
2 more nights to go here, hopefully less eventful .i'm going to the big iguana park on the island tomorrow and have heaps of herp pictures from the trip to post when we get back.
cheers
simon

wow Simon ...bet that was a jock staining experience.....glad all is ok with you and the wife ..that would be one event that wont be forgotten by you both I bet ...cant wait to see your pics when you arrive safely back :)

Blimey mate....that musta been a scary experince.....i bet at the time it was happening you couldnt have swiped a credit card between the cheeks of your bum !!
Glad to hear you and the missus are ok though, we had an earthquake hear last year.....nearly as big as that...i reckon it must have been about......... 0.05 on the richter scale!!;)

0.05 more likely on the sphincter scale MM .....lmao

LOL....yeah.....i though it was an invisible lorry driving past me house at 2am !:lol:
Wasnt impressed by it either....the vivarium door glass & house plants wobbled a bit and that was it !!!
Slimebo's quake makes mine look like a wet fart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back