snake poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raffles

Reaction score
Shannon Lush's book Spotless recommends scattering snake poo into your roof to ward off mice. Do any experts have an opinion on the effectiveness of this technique?I'd love to know what you think. We are in the midst of a mouse plague and I don't wish to use poisons which might affect local wildlife. Obviously the local snake population are hibernating while we fight off the mice.

Forget the poo, put the whole snake in there! haha

Shannon Lush's book Spotless recommends scattering snake poo into your roof to ward off mice. Do any experts have an opinion on the effectiveness of this technique?I'd love to know what you think. We are in the midst of a mouse plague and I don't wish to use poisons which might affect local wildlife. Obviously the local snake population are hibernating while we fight off the mice.

Hahahahah....Interesting that your first post as an APS member was about S H I T.......LOL,,,

I keep my snake in an aviary that used to house birds and even though its been thoroughly cleaned of seed I have seen mice on several occasions scratching around in the mulch on the bottom looking for seeds with a snake sitting less than 3 feet away. I don't think the poo will work.

I wouldnt bother with suggestions from that book. I tried several of the suggestions several times and it either made the problem worse or did nothing at all.

thats funny, i've been collecting snake poo fro 2 weeks cos a friend wants to test that theory,..

bags almost full, i'll let u know how she goes,..! :)

could maybe try elapid poo. There is a definate chance that will ward off anything with a nose.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol the answer is NO ...been in plenty of roofs to get snakes and plenty of poo by rodent and reptile ...its all a myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back