Has anyone purchased food items from "frogs.org.au"?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with my orders..

They have the largest range of food sizes, larger quantities and better quality than other suppliers and by ordering from them you are contributing to frog conservation.

What more do you want?

Hi all,

We have found that it is much too expensive buying our crickets from the local pet store. We are not wanting to breed the crickets at home, so we just want to buy them in bulk.

We came across www.frogs.org.au that offer a large range of cricket sizes and ages.

Has anyone here purchased their crickets from this site? If so, what were they like?

The reason we are so keen for your opinions is because we've already found our beardies to be a very picky pair when it comes to food.

Any advice or experiences you can offer would be appreciated.

If we've posted this in the wrong place, sorry! We did search the forum for any posts on this topic, but could not find any.

Thanking you all,

Paula and Norbert

We just found the ARC thread. We didn't realise that it was the same place!!! :oops:

However, is anyone a current user of their services? The thread in the above forum was over twelve months old.

I used to buy from them.

However they started shipping the crix in a heschen (sp?) bag inside a box. (they used to ship in mailing tubes) I was having over a 50% death rate, so i stopped using them.

I hink it depends on how many u order. I was ording 2000 crix a month + woodies, so they may still ship smaller amounts in tubes. When shipped in tubes they were great.

I have cut a good deal with my local pet supplies shop, and get all my Pieces feeders for the same price per month as the ARC was selling them for.

Give the ARC a go though. All their profit goes back into frog conservation, so buying from them is a good idea. I had to stop as it was costing me too much to buy from the petstore for two weeks after half my ARC died, otherwise i would still be buying from them.

We order in bulk (2000 crickets and woodies), each week, the crickets arrive in a heshan bag inside a box, as do bulk woodies. The animals arrive in good health and we have never had a problem with them. If they are ever unable to fill a standing order they will let you know in advance. We have found them to be the cheapest around with the most reliable service.

Like any bulk order if you keep them in a bag they will die over time, however if you only order what you need they will last about 2 weeks in the bags.

Smaller lots are transported in postage tubes, only bulk come in bags!

All profits go to research, something we all should support if we need food for our animals!

G'day

We order crickets and woodies regularaly from them, good product, very efficient delivery and our beardies and frogs are very happy :)

got my crickets the other week, seems i ordered the wrong size, oops
so my 3 gecko's have 5000 crickets to eat, lol.

but they showed up on time, well packaged, good quality,
i'll be buying off them again,
the right size this time.

I ordered a large amount of crickets from them once, and unfortunately when I got them about 35% if not more were dead. Maybe it was a one off, but I don't know.

i buy crickets and woodies from them , great to deal with . my next order is due next week ..

i've used them heaps of times, they are cheap and mine always arrive in great condition.

got my crickets the other week, seems i ordered the wrong size, oops
so my 3 gecko's have 5000 crickets to eat, lol.

but they showed up on time, well packaged, good quality,
i'll be buying off them again,
the right size this time.

OH i thought the crickets in the tub where the ones u breed.!!!!

As an update, we've been purchasing our crickets from ARC (frogs.org.au) for the past month and a half and have had no problems.

We've only encountered a few dead crickets in our orders, and the dragons have been eating them with no problem.

However, it is proving to be costly. Even though the crickets are much cheaper than through our local pet store, the fact that we are making weekly orders and having to pay express postage each time is beginning to add up.

We will be purchasing the bits and pieces we need to begin breeding our own woodies this weekend!

The things we do....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back