infa red thermometers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli-sli

Reaction score
hey guys has any ever used an infa red portable thermometer?
how much did you pay? and is there any good ones that are cheep?
webs sites would be great :) thanks guys

Dick Smith Electronics have temp guns. They are quite cheap and accurate.

They are great for when you are setting up new enclosures, I got mine from jaycar with some change from $100. However some smaller ones (around $50) are good value, the tempgun pe1 is a good unit that sells on ebay occasionly for around the $50 mark.

dont know about the cheaper ones, but we use raytek IR's at work. when they in for callibration they are always with in the tolerable allowances.
IR's are great tools and very handy, but just remember they only read surface temps, not ambient/air temps

I paid $60 for mine. I hope it is accurate, don't really have any other means to tell if it isn't, but the animals are happy so I guess thats the best answer.

dont know about the cheaper ones, but we use raytek IR's at work. when they in for callibration they are always with in the tolerable allowances.
IR's are great tools and very handy, but just remember they only read surface temps, not ambient/air temps

Don't Know if mine is different than the ones your taking about but mine read ambient temperature

Mine is a Digitech infrared thermometer

Cheers Lewy

Digitech-I sell these-$60.00

non-contact infrared thermometers
I find that they are good to check enclosure temperatures in many sections and also direct on any surface that may be heated by heat mats and heat cords and direct on reptiles. The advantage is that many temperatures can be measured in an enclosure within a short time.
With a glass thermometer you will find that time is needed for them to adjust to the temperatures taken.
The Range of mine is -35c to + 230c , resolution 0.1c
if you want one PM me .
I use them they are very accurate .

Attachments

• P3140056.JPG
    P3140056.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 39
reptile show special about 3 years ago $10 and works very well reputable brand aswell.

i brought one of the ones from dick smiths, just the little pocket one! I brought it home and put it up against our good $250 gun from the workshop! It came within a degree of the good one! so it must be alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back