where should i put my python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakekid666

Reaction score
hey i have a 5 month old diamond python and i dont know wheather to put it in its big enclosure or keep it in its tub type thing. i have one person telling me one thing and one person telling me the othe what should i do? i have attached a pic of its enclosure would it be to big ? or what? i have a spotted that lives in the other enclosure their seperate.

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 89
Some will disagree, but I put my diamond in a similar sized enclosure at about 5 months old, and she had no problems whatsover, was just a little cage concious for the first week or two but settled really quickly, just provide him with plenty of snug, well insulated hides. Id put one at each end and one in the middle.
Also Id recommend installing the heat lights on the ceiling of the enclosure and be sure to put a cage around them.

Putting lights on the ceiling provides a hot basking spot for the snakes. My diamond loves to bask under the lights.

I think the advice hoon is trying to give is that spotlights create a hot spot directly under the light if it is ceiling mounted. Where yours the majority of heat is directed outwards, not creating a 'basking' spot, just a 'warm end'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back