does anyone have a male dingo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really need to do some research and proof reading before you spill your heart out like that. Dingoes are not domestic animals. Semi domesticated i agree with but if you try to keep one like a dog you will have problems. It appears to me that your post is more full of some kind of misguided romance about dingoes than it is of experience and understanding.

What are the differences waruikazi. Not being smart just curious, I have often thought of getting a dingoe and wasnt aware they needed any more then a common dog. I understand that they are very light and agile so obviously you'd need tall fences and probably concrete footings but most large dogs require that too.

What are the differences waruikazi. Not being smart just curious, I have often thought of getting a dingoe and wasnt aware they needed any more then a common dog. I understand that they are very light and agile so obviously you'd need tall fences and probably concrete footings but most large dogs require that too.

I'll be honest and say that i don't know. I have friends who have dingo crosses i don't know what special things they do to keep them happy but i can tell you they exhibit some strange behaviours like climbing things. They seem to be alot more serious than dogs and unlike dogs if you don't spend enough time with them they can go 'feral' sorta back to a wild state if that makes sense. I was thinking about getting a dingo before i bought my bully but it was the strange things they do that turned me off them.

I'd shoot walpole a pm if you were serious about getting one. I found a couple of websites that had good info i'll see if i can drag them up for you.

a dingo isnt for everyone mine will jump over 6ft fences easily. Yes they do have some strange behaviours mine puts her bones up high in the trees. And yes if you dont spend alot of time with them go destroy everything they can get their mouths on. Yes they do go feral i have been away for the weekend and i have come back and she isnt to sure about me and is still very wary of me and not sure who i am.

I was pretty sure the very fact it is black and tan denotes it is not pure dingo.. The only pure dingoes left are on Fraser Is. aren't they?

The black and tan (and other variations) you see on the mainland comes from dingoes breeding with our dogs..

Correct

Wild dogs are very good breeders, there is no shortage of them in the bush. True pure Dingos are rare though and the reason for this is X-breeding with other dogs. I would doubt any wild dogs in fringe country surrounding farmland are pure dingo. These Xbreds are the real threat to the dingo not the farmers shooting the wild dogs.

Wild dogs/Dingos have environmental benefits at low numbers as they kill foxes but at high numbers decimate all wildlife. I have seen a wild dog den in the bush surounded by Echidna skins. The dogs must be able to turn them over and kill them before taking them back to their dens and eating everything except the spiney back skin.

Protecting pure dingos is good but protecting all wild dogs because they may have some dingo in them will speed the extinction of pure dingos. As dingos have been here 5,000 years when did they become native animals, and will this same number of years apply to foxes and other introduced animals.

CATALYST on ABC did a doco on dingos in the blue mountain area ...the variety of colouration is amazing ..they were saying that they did DNA and some came back 100% pure whilst others didnt ...but overall they are still classifying them all as dingo ..not just domestic dog gone wild ...so you have dingo populations that are basically pure in and around the blue mountains as well ...the doco also showed the dogs containing themselves in their own boundries and showing the older dogs teaching the younger dogs how to hunt the native animals of our country and saying that by killing off the older more superior dogs ,sort of like the elders of the group,,this breaks the learning cycle to the younger dogs thus not learning how to kill and hunt properly native animals like the kangaroos...this leading to younger dingos preying on animals such as lambs ,chickens and calves because they are easier targets then tackling a kangaroo ,which takes skill to hunt down ..so arguments sake now is for the farmers to leave the dingos alone and in turn they will find that their live stock wont be sort after ...fingers crossed for this hope it gets through to the farmers ...

The bloke doing the research which was shown on catalyst was passionate, spent a lot of time researching wild dogs cared a lot for them. I believe he let his feelings interfere with his research which reduced the quality of it.. Some of the dogs shown looked more greyhound than dingo. The wild xbred dogs breed faster than dingos and should not be protected as they are the dingos greatest threat.

We' ve got purebread dna tested dingo puppies

Hi there,

we have some dingo puppies for sale. they are about 4 weeks old now.

if anyone has questions feel free to email us to [email protected]

update

our pups are 6 weeks old now, and we only have 1 female left.

anybody that is interested call me on 04 8803 0367.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back