reticulated pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the girl's family in that pic are in the enclosures watching.

i think its pretty rare they get over 20ft in captivity, that one is huge tho boa. god there unreal snakes. from what ive heard the majority of them are pretty mellow after all the decades of captive breeding theyve been through and are massively popular... i can definatly see why, some of the morphs and different natural pattterns they have are incredible.. and as for comments like "who cares your not allowed to keep them here" and crap like that, its a bit of a joke. your not allowed to drive an F1 car either, or ride a superbike etc... does that mean its wrong to have an intrest or want to have some knowledge in/on them? pretty ridiculous really...

I didn't know retics were boa's. I thought they were pythons.

LMAO @ the comment about them being the smallest. That was funny :lol:

I didn't know retics were boa's. I thought they were pythons.

LMAO @ the comment about them being the smallest. That was funny :lol:

i think youll find its people directing there comments at the pic that "boa" posted haha

on second thoughts i think u already know that hahaha

Actually I didn't consider that they were quoting "Boa". Never registered until you said something. How blonde is blonde...lol Gorgeous big snake but *** would you do with something like that? I couldn't go to a farm and ask for a lamb to feed my snake. Couldn't do it.

Actually I didn't consider that they were quoting "Boa". Never registered until you said something. How blonde is blonde...lol Gorgeous big snake but *** would you do with something like that? I couldn't go to a farm and ask for a lamb to feed my snake. Couldn't do it.
Had an 11 footer at a science museum I worked for many years ago. We fed it meat rabbits. It could be handled when we first got it (by three of us for safety), but after people tapping on the enclosure for a while it got very nasty. Didn't blame it, either.

not to hi-jack this thread or anything but whats the average scrubby get to in aust??

The reason i ask is i just showed someone this pic which lead them to tell me about the 28ft python up in the daintree up near cape trib, now if im not mistakin thats 8.5m and with the Amethyst Python Melia amethistina being Aust largest snake im guessing that what they are refering to is one of these (if it was a non native im sure it would have been captured by now) anyhoo its supposedly on a tourist board along the board walk leading to cape trib

28ft scrubby just seems abit far fetched to me lol

Snakecharma
When Garth was a teenager he used to hang out with Louis Robichaux, who caught the biggest scrubby at that time.
Eric Worrel has it wrtten in his book....said it ws 28 foot.
Garth said Louis always made a point in telling Garth that it was 25foot 10 inches.Louis had a lot of respect for Eric....and was never going to say that he exaggerated...lol

For anyone that has a retic in Australia, I have made a hide to suit, but the fake background isnt included.

uluru1.jpg

PM me for details. Construction will take some time.

Bob Clark is a breeder of these in the US, there are some pretty good pics on his website including a leucistic retic on the front page. I'd love to see photos of those suckers full grown :)
http://www.bobclark.com/

Gee some of those snakes are cheap over there.

yeah i agree,most countries like the u.k,u.s.a,asia,southern africa arnt so expensive for reptiles.. most prices of reptiles in australia r over rated i recon!!!big time.and thats also with other pets..( well in qld anyway)..e.g pet stores selling spotted pythons for 280.and yeh i think bluetounges should be around 50 bucks at the most..ow well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back