Banged up abroad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spilota_variegata

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just read an interesting article regarding the number of Australians imprisoned abroad for crimes they have comitted. The article included a list of things all Australians should know when going abroad.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,25515729-36335,00.html

Indonesia

• Penalties for drug trafficking and possession are severe and include the death penalty.

• Gambling is illegal and the penalty is deportation.

• The penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

India

• The death penalty applies for drug trafficking and in some cases possession.

• Homosexuality is illegal and can result in imprisonment.

• Foreigners on tourist visas who try to convert people to another religion face deportation or criminal prosecution.

Thailand

• The death penalty applies for drug offences and possessing small quantities of soft drugs which can result in deportation and jail sentences.

• Insulting the monarchy, including defacing bank notes, can mean 15 years in jail.

• It is illegal to leave your house without wearing underwear.

Singapore

• There are strict laws against smoking in public places, spitting, chewing gum, littering and jaywalking.

• Vandalism can attract corporal punishment including being lashed by the cane.

• Singing sporting team songs can also result in corporal punishment or jail terms.

• Homosexual acts are illegal and penalties include imprisonment.

• The penalty for shoplifting is imprisonment.

I bet young teenage guys are very nervous in Indonesia ;)

I guess that rules out free balling when i go to Thighland...:lol:

how do they know in thailand if you go out without wearing undrwear? is big brother there?

how do they know in thailand if you go out without wearing undrwear? is big brother there?

When you get hit by a bus and they find out that your not wearing clean underwear, but your not wearing any at all..Thats when your nicked.

There is a series of progams atm on paytv aptly named "banged up abroad".
Its mostly on people who get done being a drug mule, or even gold mule.

My brother in law just got arrested in France.
He had an extra ticket for French open so decided to try and sell it at an inflated price on the street. Unfortunately for him the person he sold it to was a plain clothes cop!

Luckliy he just had to fill in a statement at the police station and got the ticket confiscated.
What an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back