Work? Jobs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was 19 when i got a job at McDonalds. I had just got the UK, and i needed money. I only ended up being there 5 weeks then i got in with the airlines. But seriously, maccas isnt that bad!

The graduate with a science degree asks: "Why does it work?" The graduate with an engineering degree
asks: "How does it work?" The graduate with an accounting degree asks: "How much does it cost?" The
graduate with an arts degree asks: "Do you want fries with that?

BUT we can deconstruct the socioeconomic inevitabilities inherent in our capitalist patriarchal system at the same time!!! ;)

JessB (BMedia)

Its money !!
money is money. if you need it you will do pritty much any job.
mc's would be easier then my job

you could go to university and study...

Think of the jobs and prospects:

The graduate with a science degree asks: "why does it work?" the graduate with an engineering degree
asks: "how does it work?" the graduate with an accounting degree asks: "how much does it cost?" the
graduate with an arts degree asks: "do you want fries with that?

:d :d :d :d

BUT we can deconstruct the socioeconomic inevitabilities inherent in our capitalist patriarchal system at the same time!!! ;)

JessB (BMedia)

Then the world (and Nat's job hunting prospects) will be for ever gone... :( sadness

im sure if you sit back long enough macdonalds will want you as their new CEO. get off your rear end and get a job. even if its maconalds or some other fast food outlet. you may think that your to good to work in fast food, but i really dont think your above the rest that are working in these fast food outlets getting the skin conditions and the likes. just sounds like a poor excuse of yours not to work. your the reason alot of employers dont want to employe young people

if ur just looking for something casual not a life long job etc go apply at boost juice, i use to be incharge of a store here in s.a and it was lots of fun working there, then i went and studied and got myself a much better job but boost pays alot more then somewhere like maccas etc... and its not dealing with crap food :)

the graduate with a science degree asks: "why does it work?" the graduate with an engineering degree
asks: "how does it work?" the graduate with an accounting degree asks: "how much does it cost?" the
graduate with an arts degree asks: "do you want fries with that?

lol

I worked at hungry jack's, and asked everyone that came in with a logo on their uniform if they were hiring,
I only had to work there for 2 weeks before I had a apprenticeship.

Apply for EVERY job available, at the moment, you will be lucky to get anything, and that particular job is not neccessarily a pathway, it can be simply filling in time.

Brent

Bottleshop, good cash, hrs are decent if you can find a good shop and most will send you of to do your RSA after a month or so with them. Take a few resumes in to some random places and ask around :p

This is a very good idea!

Also the boost juice idea..
I went resume dropping on thursday at my local shopping center, something might turn up from that too, we'll see :)
most of them though are giving applications over the internet, so im doing that today, applying online for everything.

thankyou to all the sensible people actually answering my question and not just saying 'macdonalds coz money is money' i already have a job at bunnings dont forget, so that is filling in time until i find something more stable...

thanks

Nat ;) x

I was lucky and smart i got a job as soon as i turned 14 it was only work experience but no i am 15 and im getting alright money! It sucks that you are older because i didnt need the money because my parents paid the bills, so i got the work experience and now i have over a years experience with fish keeping and i am in the money!

Yea boost juice is worth applying for just coz its lots of fun working there lol, when i worked there we were all a great group of friends and it was always easier going to work when u have people u get along with and a job u enjoy it deffinatly was a pretty good job to have growing up even tho its nothing u can do for life i still found it a great experience

i lived off boost aswel... guess thats another thing that made it so much better lol

LOL...the best laid plans! I have a degree in Biomedical science and another in health promotion, I owned and ran my own cafe and catering business for six years (whilst studying)..i'm 27..(Old I know) and I have a beautiful son who is suffering from a rare chronic neurodegenerative disease...centerlink now pays me..wait for it..$180...a week to care for him full time at home.
ahh that was a good vent...go find a job that makes you smile, anticipate the next shift and excites the pants off you!

I highly doubt maccas would hire a 19 year old, they can get 15 year olds much cheaper.

Arts degrees aren't that bad. You can get a diped and be a teacher, or do editing and similar stuff, or do honours, masters, etc. and end up being a lecturer/researcher. They're not completely useless.

Do masters and become a lecturer and be responsible for more people with useless arts degrees! Yes I finally see their value!:lol:

You could go to university and study...
graduate with an arts degree asks: "Do you want fries with that?

Here here!! Down with humanities! Say no to thinking critically about society and culture! We don't need to learn about politics, English or anthropology! They don't contribute to life at all! Make sure you never think critically about religion either-that's an important one. And don't even get me started on history. Sheesh! What a waste of time! What's WW II got to do with the world today? Nothing! That's what! People don't need to know about that Hitler guy, he's not important. I can't believe people actually think our own personal identities have anything to do with history.
The only reason there are still national archives that are closed is because they're so boring and of no relevence. Even education for education's sake? Pfft. That's the biggest waste of time ever! The only things worth thinking about in life are in black and white. For sure, brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back