Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilian66

Banned
Reaction score
This morning l woke up and walk into my kitchen, and what do l see my beautiful 12 foot long female Olive Python (Olivera) stretched out across my kitchen bench and stove, was she telling me she wants to be cooked for lunch or dinner, l sincerely hope not.

Last edited:
ha i love it!! I am looking for another snake and i love the olives but you have just reminded me why i wasnt going to get one.. they are massive!!!!

How is she to handle????

Love your snake ..she is beautiful....does she make habit of letting herself out of her viv often ? :)

Here is some more photo of my 2 beautiful adult Olive Python's, to share with all you Olive Python fans out there in the Herp Communitty. from Les,:p

Last edited:
That would still put a shiver down my spine,walking out into the kitchen to make a cuppa in the morning and finding 2 huge Olives cruising around like they own the place...

Here is another photo of Olivera stretched out across the stove and bench, and scrawling aroung inside her enclosure, why the Oliver the male is resting under the heat lamp so he can keep warm. Cheers, Les,:p

Last edited:
ha i love it!! I am looking for another snake and i love the olives but you have just reminded me why i wasnt going to get one.. they are massive!!!!

How is she to handle????
sarah86, she is so lovely to handle, everytime l pick her up and put her around my shoulder, it feels the same as if l'm being hug, like a girl putting her 2 arms around my shoulder, l will sincerely miss this once Olivera goes to her new home in say 2 weeks time.

Love your snake ..she is beautiful....does she make habit of letting herself out of her viv often ? :)
redbellybite, Yes Olivera sure is so beautiful, l treat her as if she is my partner or wife, You want to know if she has make babit of letting herself out of the enclosure, the answer is know,she only comes out once l open the hidebox door, but sometimes she does not come out at all.

Is the snake on the oven a new way of heating them? :) :)

That would still put a shiver down my spine,walking out into the kitchen to make a cuppa in the morning and finding 2 huge Olives cruising around like they own the place...
Python73, l'm sure it would put a shiver down anyones spine, if they walk into their kitchen, first thing in the morning, and saw 1 or 2 large Python's cruising around as if they own the place, and can do what they want or like 24hrs a day.
She's leaving? :( Have you had her since a baby?
Mysnakesau, l gor my large female in July 2000, she was 8 months old at the time, and l got my male in March 2004, he was 2yrs and 3 months old then.
Yes they both are gorgeous to have as pets, l will sincerely miss them both once they leave my care.

She is gorgeous reptilian.

Is the snake on the oven a new way of heating them? :) :)
Shiregirl, l sure don't think this is the new way to provide heat to your captive Reptile's, you will only cook them if you try and use a oven for warmth.

Pics of my Olive around the house .She leads a spoilt life.She has no cage but lives in the ensuite in her own babies bassinet .Heat mat under mattress looks are her during the cooler months .She has free run of the house and spends alot of time outside .Supervised of course .PICT0015.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

Pics of my Olive around the house .She leads a spoilt life.She has no cage but lives in the ensuite in her own babies bassinet .Heat mat under mattress looks are her during the cooler months .She has free run of the house and spends alot of time outside .Supervised of course .View attachment 93525

View attachment 93526

View attachment 93527

View attachment 93528

Joemal, its good to see another Reptile keeper, who lets their Olive Python roam freely like l do myself, its only going to become more common l think, that other Reptile keepers who have large Python's, will also let them roam freely.

Please make sure all windows and doors a lock and secure at all times, l don't want any of you loosing your beloved pet Python's.:)

No problems Reptilian66 all my snakes are house trained and are treated like gold .Scrubby was a bit of a handful when i got her but even she now spends alot of time around people and roaming around outside .A real hit with the neighborhood kids when all the snakes are out in the front yard .

When l got home this afternoon at 2-30pm, l walk into my kitchen and what do l see, my 2 beautiful adult Olive Python's, both curled up together on my kitchen bench, and the male (Oliver) was trying his best to mate with my female (Olivera), but l don't think they had much luck in mating, there is always next time,:p.

Last edited:
if i get another snake it would be a olive python i love big snakes and the feel of my water python is amazing do they feel the same as they are form same family?

Those snakes are very lucky to have an owner like you!

Heres hoping the next person to take over caring for them is just as nice :p

they are both such gorgeous snakes! how may i ask are you able to tell them apart?? they are of equal beauty!:D

Those snakes are very lucky to have an owner like you!

Heres hoping the next person to take over caring for them is just as nice :p

l'm sure their new owner will look after them both, aswell as l have for all the years l have had them both for.
l will sincerely miss them both, especially (Olivera) my beautiful female who l treat as if she is my partner or wife, l hope she gives me a good crush before she leaves me, by rapping her whole body around me, but not to tight.:)

l can tell them apart buy their body size and shape, the females are far more heavier in the body than the males are.and they also get much more longer than the males do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back