Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who needs a scrubby when you can get these things on class 1. I'd get some myself, but they wouldn't be roaming around the house on their own, the dog would go missing, and he was here first. What and how often do you feed those things? What does it cost too?

Last edited:
My Olive is like part of the family she roams the house at will but have to keep an eye on her when the cat is out and about .Olive has taken on the cat 3 times now .As for her size she is as placid as a pussy cat where scrubby is still at the stage where i would never trust her or let anyone else handle her .

Who needs a scrubby when you can get these things on class 1. I'd get some myself, but they wouldn't be roaming around the house on their own, the dog would go missing, and he was here first. What and how often do you feed those things? What does it cost too?

l feed my 2 adult Olive python's once a fortnight, but it depends on the time of the year, and what size prey l gave them to eat last time l feed them.
lt cost me roughly $4-00each every 2 weeks to feed 1 adult Olive Python, if l feed them say a medium rabbit, that will cost me roughly $6-00 a fortnight.

lts hard to give a exact cost on feeding, it depends on what you feed them, and who you buy their food from, and the size of their food.

l feed my 2 adult Olive python's once a fortnight, but it depends on the time of the year, and what size prey l gave them to eat last time l feed them.
lt cost me roughly $4-00each every 2 weeks to feed 1 adult Olive Python, if l feed them say a medium rabbit, that will cost me roughly $6-00 a fortnight.

lts hard to give a exact cost on feeding, it depends on what you feed them, and who you buy their food from, and the size of their food.

Thanks, I'm interested in large snakes but was curious about the cost of keeping them. That sounds a LOT cheaper than I first thought.

My Olive is like part of the family she roams the house at will but have to keep an eye on her when the cat is out and about .Olive has taken on the cat 3 times now .As for her size she is as placid as a pussy cat where scrubby is still at the stage where i would never trust her or let anyone else handle her .

What goes on when the cat is out & about? What do you mean taken on? Couldn't they do each other damage? I've been curious about this kind of meeting.....

This afternoon at 2-00pm l went searching for my beautiful 12 foot long female Olive Python (Olivera), l went into my bedroom to see if she was there then l decide to look under my doona on my bed, and what do l find her curled up underneath my doona on my bed.

l don't mine her sharing my bed, as long as she does not go to the toilet why she is there.

Last edited:
................. the dog would go missing, ..................

I cracked a joke at the vet clinic this morning. My olive was free in the basket I took her in because she found a hole that I didn't see, in the pillow case. Then when we tried to put her back in to weigh her, she ripped the pillowcase so had to let her free in the basket. Whilst paying the bill I said, "Oh Stella look, there's dinner." - acknowledging a man cuddling his little foxy. I apologised to the man, said I wasn't serious. He said nothing. Then I started chatting with the nurse. I couldn't do it. I've heard of ppl feeding kittens but I couldn't. Could never consider it. As I was leaving he said he took no offense.

I hate the thought of my dull sense of humor upsetting others, so I was glad that he saw the funny side. The vet found me an old pillow case with no tears in it, to put Stella into. :lol:

Reptilian your girl looks very comfortable there :D Hope you let her stay there.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 182
I cracked a joke at the vet clinic this morning. My olive was free in the basket I took her in because she found a hole that I didn't see, in the pillow case. Then when we tried to put her back in to weigh her, she ripped the pillowcase so had to let her free in the basket. Whilst paying the bill I said, "Oh Stella look, there's dinner." - acknowledging a man cuddling his little foxy. I apologised to the man, said I wasn't serious. He said nothing. Then I started chatting with the nurse. I couldn't do it. I've heard of ppl feeding kittens but I couldn't. Could never consider it. As I was leaving he said he took no offense.

I hate the thought of my dull sense of humor upsetting others, so I was glad that he saw the funny side. The vet found me an old pillow case with no tears in it, to put Stella into. :lol:

Reptilian your girl looks very comfortable there :D Hope you let her stay there.

Mysnakesau,

Your Olive is so awesome, l would say its about the same size and weight as my female Olive Python (Olivera) thats her name.

Yes you are right Olivera sure does look very comfortable in my bed, l will let her stay there for one night only, tomorrow l will get her to share your bed with you,, then we will see who she likes the most, and which bed she prefers to sleep in hahaha. :p

shes a big lug that girl,makes the boy look small in comparison,who knows les,oneday u might be able to get one of her babies if she has any luck with the new owner

GTsteve The Olive stalks the cat around the house .3 times now the snake has almost made a meal of the cat .The latest both the cat and the snake ended up with battle scars . Have to watch the cat when the Olive is out and watch the dog when the Coastal is out .

shes a big lug that girl,makes the boy look small in comparison,who knows les,oneday u might be able to get one of her babies if she has any luck with the new owner
Richard, as you say who knows if Olivera my female Olive Python, ever gets to mate with the new owner other 2 male Olive Python's which l sincerely hope it happen, that l will get one of her juvenile Babie's, only time will tell if she succeeds in mating:p.

Last edited:
GTsteve The Olive stalks the cat around the house .3 times now the snake has almost made a meal of the cat .The latest both the cat and the snake ended up with battle scars . Have to watch the cat when the Olive is out and watch the dog when the Coastal is out .

Holy crap! Can I assume then that the Coastal is bigger?

Holy crap! Can I assume then that the Coastal is bigger?
Olive is bigger 11-12ft and a bit over 10 kgs where the Coastal is nearly 8ft (haven't weighed him).One of the family dogs is a Bichon and for some reason the Coastal thinks it would make a nice snack .He has already grabbed the dog by the tail as it ran past his cage .Ended up with a mouth full of hair .

Thats awesome! (in a shocking, disturbing kind of way. I'm going to have to chastise myself for enjoying the mental imagery I got of the situation LOL)

No offense Joemal but it seems pretty irresponsible to have
your dog/cat & snakes running loose at the same time....

One day you may end up loosing your dog or cat to your snakes
sounds like it's an accident waiting to happen imo.

No offense Joemal but it seems pretty irresponsible to have
your dog/cat & snakes running loose at the same time....

One day you may end up loosing your dog or cat to your snakes
sounds like it's an accident waiting to happen imo.
Or your snake might get biten by the dog,it would be safer for either animals to be put away while the other is out,its better to be safe than sorry.

Here is another photo of Olivera stretched out across the stove and bench, and scrawling aroung inside her enclosure, why the Oliver the male is resting under the heat lamp so he can keep warm. Cheers, Les,:p

Beautiful animals!

How long is Oliver?

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back