Angle Heads Not Eating Help Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueys

Reaction score
Hey all,

When i changed my 2 angle headed dragons from there old enclosure to there knew one they havn't eaten. This has been 5 weeks. They just climb up the wall and sit there all day everyday.
Has this got something to do with the temperattures cause it has been qutie cold but even when they r put in the sun and really hot they still just pay no attention to any food i offer them on the tongs or just in the enclosure.
I am quite worried about them cause they arnt doing anything except eving there eyes closed and sitting on the rocky bit on the wall in the enclosure.
They just arn't interested in food or anything.

Any hep would be appreciated thankyou,
Daniel

I've had angles sulk on me before..

It might be the colder weather, but it sounds like it's from being moved...

In the end they came around but 5 weeks is a long time

Try putting them in a tub with some crickets or roaches & leave them

for half hour.

yeah sounds like they are sulking, just try not to change too many things at once.. & if they still don't feed the way itbites said maybe try force feeding them, I've had to do this with one hatchy.

how old are they blueys?

how old are they blueys?

they are angle heads.i would try and keep the temps up and cover the enclosure to give them privacy, and put live food in there and put the food in an escape proof bowl, so you can keep track of the numbers and check every now and then to see if any have been eaten.even putting them in a tub with food may be too stressfull for them.jmodonks

Please don't put them in the sun, they are rainforest dragons and prefer "warm" filtered sunlight as you would find on a rainforest floor, keept temps around 26

Mine won't eat while being watched....only one big dominant male dares move if anyone is near them

yes the sulking is quite frustrating for us keepers

Cheers
Sandee :)

when we got ours, it took 3 diffrent enclosures and about 5 diffrent set ups to find a happy medium.they are a prick of a dragon to make happy,BUT once they are happy they are an awsome amimal....

Thanks guys. i will put them in a tub with a few crickets in it with paper towl on the ground when i get home. But if they don't eat the crickets then what if the crickets start biting them and trying to eat them. Iv seen this happen in other pics on the internet and read it in books. O and they are late last season so around 1 year old.
Thanks. Daniel

If you put a bit of carrot in with them the crickets will go for that well before they nibble your dragons.

lol my guys are happy in a basic 3x2x2 glass tank with a heat light and UVB with a few hides plants etc .. had them since hatchies though.

Ok iv just put them into a tub. I tried feeding them some of their favourites meal worms. the 1st won i fed 1 meal worm to with tongs and he ate it. But wen i did that he kept trying to bit the tongs and after a few lashes at the tongs he got it. Would this have something to do with his eyes.
The other guy that i tried to feed gets it in his mouth and he bits it very slowly and on the edge of his mouth and it keeps falling out, so then i keep picking it up to give to him then it falls out again. He eventually gave up and wen i put the meal worm near him he closed his eyes.

So the first lizard ate one and the second lizard ended up eating nothin except for chewing a little bit of 1.
I have left meal worms in the tub in a bowl incase they don't like eating while i am around.

Thanks. Daniel

Your lucky that they haven't sulked yet Southern Forest Drag. I hope they never do.

Thanks. Daniel

Me too, they are about 3 though so i dont think they will. Only suggestion i would give you is to increase the enclosure temp but u said u already did that so im not sure ... goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back