Are they mating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday,

Do you think they are sucessfully mating or not? The male is the lighter patterned of the two. I caught them like this a while ago and am unsure as to whether they are mating or whether the male is just trying. It just doesn't look like the female is doing anything.....any ideas from more experienced keepers?

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• womas2.jpg
    womas2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 182
  • womas.jpg
    womas.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 175
yep foreplay and maybe the females resisting him by the looks of it hehe

na mate just a bit of foreplay good luck hope they cross up for ya

thanks - I feel bad for interupting him now!! haha!

congo - I was thinking that the female didnt really appear to be participating by the way she was holding her tail. Cheers.

Thanks,
Dave

Playing hard to get to me lol.What time of day was he trying just curious.

male is attempting to achieve cloacal alignment

Male is attempting to bring his tail under the female's tail, trying to bring their cloacae together,
female looks unreceptive,

Males trying, heres some copulation.
tn_tuesday5thofmay017.jpg

Jeez all you people taking pictures of your snakes when they are obviously busy :) i bet your snakes dont do that to you :D

I've had heaps of successfull looking matings that never produced. Even when it looks spot on, don"t count your chickens. Good to see your male is active and keen though.

hes trying. give thm a cpl of days together, then seperate them for a cpl of days before putting them back together and trying again. my BHP have been at it almost none stop for the last 4 or 5 weeks. good luck with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back