Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful animals!

How long is Oliver?

Bill

Hi Bills, thanks for the good feed back about how beautiful my Olive Python's both are much appreaciated.
My female is 12ft and my male is 9ft.

Today l got home at 3-00pm, when l walk in my door there was a large turd on my floor in the loungroom, l knew straight away it was my male Olive Python who did it, then l go into my bedroom to see if my female Olive Python (Olivera) was still curled up in my bed, and what do l see in my bed the 2 of them snuggle up together.

Does anyone else let their Python's curl up in their bed or not, my 2 beautiful Olive Python's, sure have the run of my house don't they l bet they do.

Cheers,:).

Last edited:
ever let them out at night? this question is aimed to all free roaming herpers

you think they may eva want to make a meal outta you, because pthons r nocturnal hunters?

ever let them out at night? this question is aimed to all free roaming herpers

you think they may eva want to make a meal outta you, because pthons r nocturnal hunters?

l do let my 2 beautiful Olive Python's out at night, not once have l ever walk out of my bedroom during the night, and been attacked by either of my 2 adult Olive Python's.

Because they are so placid to have around, and my bedroom door is kept close at night, so they cannot get into my bedroom why l'm sleeping at all.

Hate to scare all you non free roaming herpers but yes my Olive does on occasions curl up in the bed at night .Never had any dramas with her trying to eat me .

wow! in my books your mroe brave/stupid? then holding full grown RBB or taipan bare handed

has anybody ever heard the story about the lady and the burmese python? APPARENTLY
the burmese was a freee roamer in her home, and every night lie along side the lady in her bed. she thought this perculiar behaviour and took him to the vet. the vet told her that the burmese was sizing her up as a potenial food item. the vet put the burmese to sleep

you think its true?

has anybody ever heard the story about the lady and the burmese python? APPARENTLY
the burmese was a freee roamer in her home, and every night lie along side the lady in her bed. she thought this perculiar behaviour and took him to the vet. the vet told her that the burmese was sizing her up as a potenial food item. the vet put the burmese to sleep

you think its true?
its about as true as eastern brown snakes mating with green tree snakes creating venomous carpets ;)

This morning l saw my 2 large Olive Python's, in my kitchen again crawling around on my kitchen bench, and they both still are there as l'm writing this post at 1-20pm Sunday afternoon on the 21st of June 2009.

Here is 2 more photos to share with all you Olive Python's fans,:p

Last edited:
Great shots of all your olives!!! Love 'em- keep 'em coming!

Reptilian66- are you who I think you are? Will post some newer pics of my olive here very soon...

//Todd

Here are a couple more recent pics of my olive male:

olive7.sized.jpg

olive10.jpg

olive11.sized.jpg

img_3958.sized.jpg

img_3952.sized.jpg

img_2236_Modified_in_GIMP_Image_Editor.sized.jpg

img_2246_Modified_in_GIMP_Image_Editor.jpg

img_2215_Modified_in_GIMP_Image_Editor.jpg

IMG_2992_web.jpg

IMG_2991_web.jpg

IMG_3009_web.jpg

Still my absolute favorite!!!

//Todd

Great shots of all your olives!!! Love 'em- keep 'em coming!

Reptilian66- are you who I think you are? Will post some newer pics of my olive here very soon...

//Todd

Hi Todd.

Thanks for sharing your photos of your awesome Olive Python.

Before l tell you who l am, tell me who you think l am if you know at all.:)

Are olive pythons very snappy?? They good to have around kinds?? Am looking to get a larger python .. was thinking of a bredli or an olive??

As a youngster, my olive was NUTS and NOT trustworthy around my kids, and my bredli was just the opposite.

Now, my olive is one of my most trustworthy snakes (GREAT around kids), and my bredli is NUTS! Kids can still handle him once I get him out of his enclosure and calm him down, and as long as there isn't anything around that smells like food!

//Todd

down sizing you colection a fair bit rep66. sandies,and now your olives going to new homes..
is everything ok?

Are olive pythons very snappy?? They good to have around kinds?? Am looking to get a larger python .. was thinking of a bredli or an olive??

I have both an Olive and a Bredli and they are kid friendly . The only one that my kids don't handle is the Scrubby but she is becoming more placid .Got a few pics of the snakes with the kids on my profile page.Both the Olive and the Bredli are a good choice for you .

down sizing you colection a fair bit rep66. sandies,and now your olives going to new homes..
is everything ok?

TWENTY B, Yes everything is OK thank you, whats wrong with me downsizing my collection, even those my 2 large Olive Python's are both going to Sydney, l am about to get 2 more juvenile Olive Python's from a breeder in Darwin, so l will still have 2 Olive Python's, and 1 pair of Desert Sand Monitor's, and 5 Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's, my 2 adult Darwin Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's are also going to Sydney.

Here is 2 more photos of my 2 large Olive Python's, here you can see the male following the female into my diningroom under the dining table.

Last edited:
thats all good

are the sandies your keeping gouldi or flav?
i get my 1st sand monitor hatchies in a few weeks.
so if you don't mind i will be asking you alot of question to make sure i'm giving these little monsters
the best life i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back