Frilly enclosure almost complete....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am finally putting the finishing touches on my Frilly enclosure... I will show pics of what the enclosure was bare and go from there. It is almost complete! (just need to add more logs etc and the Frilly

Attachments

• 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 141
looking good.. whats the dimensions? I'm trying to get a hold of a frilly at the moment, and I've got to start building a large enclosure for when it grows a bit... Currently it would be going into a 1000w*60h*60d enclosure.. but I intend to build something maybe 1800w*1000h*600d... Maybe 1000w*1600h*600d all depending on what the breeder recommends...

I cant wait to see some pics of your frilly/frillies in there! :)

The dimensions are 4ft wide 5ft high 2ft deep, it has been fully water proofed and hasa full size door on one side for easier access. Ive used rubber backed grass type mats on the back wall which I got from bunnings really cheap so Mr Frilly has somthing to hang on if he doesnt want to hang on his logs, peat moss for the substrate, a water fountain, real ferns and mini mondo grass in a half moon hanging basket made from different barks etc... Im yet to add some logs and more greenery and also the frilly so with everything in there you may not even be able to see him in the end anyways

I thought Frilly's need lots of room to run around?

With all the reading I have done and speaking with people that own them when in captivity as long as they have height they should be ok. Frilly's run when they feel threatened, please if anyone can shed more light on this it woud be much appreciated.... :D

So here are more pics, I still have more logs and a shelf to go in but this is it so far!

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 125
wow it looks great want to sell it too me?

Thanks but no thanks...:lol::lol::lol:

To have the enclosure made, the glass made to size and deck it out it cost me under $300

Enclosure- $150
Glass- $125 (me nothing as mum paid for it)
Water fountain & logs- free
Backing on back wall- $32
Hanging basket + plants- $54
Lighting + heating- $70
Complete enclosure - PRICELESS :lol::lol: (sorry couldnt help it)

Next is an out door enclosure :)
Looks great,
Do you change the Heat lamp with a MV Globe in the day so they get the UVB that is needed?

Last edited:
Thanks but no thanks...:lol::lol::lol:

To have the enclosure made, the glass made to size and deck it out it cost me under $300

Enclosure- $150
Glass- $125 (me nothing as mum paid for it)
Water fountain & logs- free
Backing on back wall- $32
Hanging basket + plants- $54
Lighting + heating- $70
Complete enclosure - PRICELESS :lol::lol: (sorry couldnt help it)

Geez thats alright.
If i could make one for under $500 id be stoked.

Next is an out door enclosure :)
Looks great,

I know, I will work on that for this coming summer.... When I bought him in May he was in an outdoor enclosure with no heating (it was getting pretty cold too) so now he is in his new fandangle enclosure all by his lonesome :cry:

It looks great KaaTom.

The size of enclosures I keep my adults in are 3 foot high, 3 foot wide and 2 foot deep.
I find that my Frillies get to stressed out when Ive tried to upgrade them to a bigger enclosure.

Poor fella has actually downsized from what he used to have but Im sure he is ALOT warmer

He needs to get an awful lot closer to that uv tube.
I'd suggest using a MVB in that enclosure rather than the red globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back