Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats all good

are the sandies your keeping gouldi or flav?
i get my 1st sand monitor hatchies in a few weeks.
so if you don't mind i will be asking you alot of question to make sure i'm giving these little monsters
the best life i can.

My Desert Sand Monitor's are all Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus, that l keep in my collection, TWENTY B, you or anyone else is allways welcome to PM or email me for any information covering, Diet-Health-Breeding-Husbandry-Heating-Size-Handling on Sand Monitor's if you wish too, and l myself Les, will be more than happy to answer what ever you need to know about Sand Monitor's,:p

Here is 3 photos l just had to take, shown me and my beautiful female Olive Python (Olivera) together before she leaves my home in 1 weeks times.:)

Last edited:
You have a gorgeous python there Reptilian66. Nice solid looking fellow indeed. but arh, whats that hangin' out your pants? :lol: Just kidding. The tail always likes to go in strange places eh?

I have some new pics of mine. Nothing brilliant but after our fight yesterday we made up and are friends again. My male, Marlow had a very un-characteristic mood swing yesterday. Couldn't believe him, he went from gentle giant to giant MONSTER. He jumped violently when I touched him. I never try touching my snakes unawares, always let them know I am there. He swung round and struck at me but unfortunately (or fortunate for me), I only had my arm width of the door open and twice he hit the glass with such force I was scared of hurting him. I wondered if he might have been feeling hormonal so let Stella in with him but he hasn't taken any notice of her. So I covered his enclosure over and just left him alone.

Today I wondered if I could dare open his enclosure. I snapped a few pics and then attempted to touch him. Not a problem at all. My old Marlow is back. I got him out and took him outside for some fresh air. No sun but thought he might enjoy a wander. Put him down on the concrete but he climbs straight back up and settled, loosely around my shoulders - just like yours is in your photo reptilian66. He was looking around and I did get very worried when he tried to come near my face. I was actually worried that I'd p*** him off trying to keep him away. Next minute BIG YAWN right in my face. But he's temperament was completely mellow and as my usual nature I started to relax. So while we were on good terms I put him back in his enclosure. He peacefully left and went into his hidebox.

Just a story of a bad day come good :D He looks like he is going to shed soon, his belly is looking pink so I will give him a mist - uh O, he don't like that - and leave him be.

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 72
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 77
That would be so hard to part with your Olives Reptillian66,considering you have had them a while,awesome snakes and great pictures.I think Marlow might have had a bee in his bonnet Kathy,normally he is a awesome gentle giant,they are incredible snakes and i cant wait to own one...

wow, gorjus looking olive pythons!!! just curious tho, i thought the olives along with the womas were the only pythons that lacked the heat pits? some pics on this thread clearly showing some with these pits???:?:?

That would be so hard to part with your Olives Reptillian66,considering you have had them a while,awesome snakes and great pictures.I think Marlow might have had a bee in his bonnet Kathy,normally he is a awesome gentle giant,they are incredible snakes and i cant wait to own one...

Yes it is very hard and sad to depart with my 2 beautiful adult Olive Python's, but least their going to a wonderfull home, where they will have others to breed with and will be well and truelly look after by their new owner, who said l am always welcome to come and see them, when ever l'm in Sydney to see how their going, so l never ever will forget them.:)

wow, gorjus looking olive pythons!!! just curious tho, i thought the olives along with the womas were the only pythons that lacked the heat pits? some pics on this thread clearly showing some with these pits???:?:?
getting confused with the aspidites..black-headed and woma ...they are the ones that dont display heat pits ;)

I hear ya,with a little more experience under my belt i think ill be getting one myself.

I got my male Olive Angus as my first snake so I don't think that you really need that much experience to own one, he is a pleasure to own and I have had him from 2 months to now nearly a year old.

He has always been awesome to handle and he usually finds himself in bed with me and my GF as we are watching TV of a night time. It is weird but he always seems to prefer to come to me even though Mel handles him the same amount of time as I do..?

If you are worried about being experienced then maybe get one from a young age but they really are gentle giants with a lot of personality. We can't come close to doing the things with our jungles as we can with Angus.

What happened to Reptilian66 he's a sweety!

Suspended :shock:..

Nice Olives all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back