Water Python Swollen Towards the Rear

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie.snakes

Reaction score
Just found that my little female water python is swollen towards the end third of her body.

If she is still like that tommorow morning we will be straight to the vet, but I thought I would ask on here as there is little I can do at the time being.

Apart from the swelling she appears completely health. She last took a pinkie rat on the 22/06. However she hasn't pooped since about the 15th and between now and then she has had two meals. I thought constipation and/or worms although surely this much swelling wouldn't result so quickly.

Any help, along with names of reputable herp vets on the far north coast of NSW would be much appreciated. Will load up some pics as soon as I get a chance.

sometimes if you take them outside and let them slither on the grass ,this helps with toileting ..

Sounds like constipation, but im no expert, Try bathing it in warm water, and put it in the grass

I did my best to get so pictures that show the swelling. It is a little hard to see.

Thanks redbelly I will give that a try. However I am not sure that that is the problem.

Attachments

• DSCF2780.jpg
    DSCF2780.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF2781.jpg
    DSCF2781.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF2783.jpg
    DSCF2783.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF2782.jpg
    DSCF2782.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 66
looks pretty normal, just a bit of a poop coming along. might just be a little backed up - little warm bath and a bit of movement will coax it out most likely

Mine look like that every now and then, just looks like a much needed trip to the toilet for it, if it was like that for weeks then maybe be worried.

Okay, thanks everyone. Maybe I was just over reacting :oops:.

She is curled up in her warm spot at the moment, so hopefully in the morning I have a dirty cage to clean. If not I'll take her for a trip outside and/or a warm bath.

sometimes they have trouble pooing if they dont have enough moisture, so just make sure there is plenty of liquid for it to drink, some people even inject the thawed food with a bit of water, as sometimes the food can get freezer burn( the freezer takes all the moisture from the food) so it gets a bit dry

Well there was no change this morning so I gave her a warm bath and then returned her to her cage. About 10 minutes later I had a massive mess to clean up and all swelling was gone :D.

hopefully in the morning I have a dirty cage to clean.

About 10 minutes later I had a massive mess to clean up :D.

See, when you take it out of context it's much more amusing.

Gotta love a good poo thread.
Glad your wish came true ;)
Personally I'm gonna wish for a pair of womas, but each to their own......

Well there was no change this morning so I gave her a warm bath and then returned her to her cage. About 10 minutes later I had a massive mess to clean up and all swelling was gone :D.
And had you taken her out onto the grass....you wouldnt have had any mess to clean ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back