Do u think this is fair??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrais

Reaction score
Hi,
Well today at the end off school, in the main corridor there was like this sign made out of perspexs on a wooden poll. It was really crouded with people, and i was really squished up to the sigh, and as i walked over the base, my shoe clipped the base and the sigh fell over and broke. I got into heaps of trouble, but i was an accident. Now i have to pay to repair it. I don't think i should pay for it for these reasons:
1. it was purposly put into a busy hall way, where it could be easily broken
2. It was an accident
3. It not like its the end of the world, yeh sure it was someones work, but in the end of the day it not going to do them any harm
4. Where am i going to get the money from, the repairs are roughly about 150, and im saving for a snake at the moment, so all the money i've saved has to go to that kid's stupid sigh :evil:
Whats your opinion on this?
Thanks
Andrea

my question is why would a piece of perspex on a wood poll cost $150 to repair? just head down to the back of miter10 and pick up off cuts for like 10 bucks:? for taht reason yes, it is unfiar, but i guess thats high school

Refuse to pay as it was an accident , say that you cannot afford it,full stop dont mention the saving bit. If they make an issue then instruct them that they failed in there duty of care to secure this sign safely in a high traffic area and created a hazzard(OH+S issue)

if it were your sign and some kid kicked it over and broke it im sure you would be pissed
and want it repaired...

It may suck but its a lesson for you to take responsibility for your own actions...

Im sure the next piece of some ones property you walk past you will be more careful......:|

my opinion...;)

its not fair but in high school you just got to suck it up and do what is asked

Why $150, Who came up with that figure?
Can you draw a MS paint picture of the sign, Im not getting a mental picture of what you mean.

As for repairs of this flimsy sounding sign. You should have the option of fixing it youself.
IF thats not an option, you should have the option to buy the materials for the person to make another sign.
Sounds like someone wants to make a profit from their loss.

lol @ cracksinthepitch
who told u u had to pay for it? when u say got in heaps of trouble.... like detention or something?

Do a counter claim and tell them you have injured your foot and that they can use their public liability insurance to cover the "long term nerve damage" to your big toe.

In all seriousness, they cannot make you pay for it.

if it was an accident, i definatly would not be paying. and they shouldnt expect you to.

Dont pay it , i did worse and got away with it , back when i was a little idiot.

pffffffft with some of the stuff i got away with in high school this sounds pretty silly

but imho tell em to get stuffed silly place top put a sign honestly but if it was not an accident then pay up fix the sing and lick ya wounds and learn from it, next time dont get caught mauhahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back