clusters of white scales on my bhp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeejason

Reaction score
Have a look at the photos and see what you think. she has just shed and all the way up her body ( mainly the front half)she has clusters of white scales pretty evenly spaced. last shed she had some black under chin change to cream and now this.. maybe she is bleaching behind my back lol
I thought at first it was paint they are that white....
As you can see the ones on her lower half are fading.
anyone else seen this before???

P1000437.jpg

P1000436.jpg

hummm, this has got me thinking... was there not a thread a while back about a coastal that had gotten lighter with each shed... i would like to see that coastal now and have a perv...

and i have NFI what could be causing it..

This if caused by the new scales being damaged during the preshed phase. Either caused by pressure or heat. It will disappear after the next shed.

jas you have painted the snake haven't you.

LOL u have an albino. I dunno i havent had that happened to my BHP yet (touch wood).

A friend I do a share breeding with has this happen to his MD every year, usually around breeding season.. I have no idea why either.

This if caused by the new scales being damaged during the preshed phase. Either caused by pressure or heat. It will disappear after the next shed.

I agree. Will disappear with the next shed. We had the same thing with a coastal carpet. If not you might be on to something.

A friend I do a share breeding with has this happen to his MD every year, usually around breeding season.. I have no idea why either.

I admittedly know nothing about snakes, but reading this......... nothing got to do with attracting the male????????? Just thought I'd put that out there. Not that u wouldn't have considered it already:lol:

I also had an old coastal do same and it went away after a few sheds.
j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back