Will stumpys breed with another one from a different location

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WELOVEREPTILES

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if a stumpy from one location will breed with a stumpy from another location and also how to breed them i want to know if i have to separate them from my blue tongue and cunningham skinks Thanks

yeah they can, i recently seen one baby from a W.A and S.A pairing it was a cracker.

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if a stumpy from one location will breed with a stumpy from another location and also how to breed them i want to know if i have to separate them from my blue tongue and cunningham skinks Thanks

Welovereptiles, May l ask why you want to know if you can breed Stumpy's from different locations, is it that you want to cross-breed them and create a new colour phase.

Are you aware that in Western Australia you cannot keep the Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera on licence, you can only keep the Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa on licence in Western Australia, that are found natually in the wild over there.

We don't want people like you going-ahead and cross-breeding these 2 sub-species of Stumpy's, and then exporting them into Western Australia as Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa, when in fact they are half Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa and Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera.

l know of a Pet Shop in Western Australia that got in serious trouble in 2003, from excepting Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera from Ultimate Reptile Supplies in Adelaide, they were force to return the 8 of them back to Ultimate Reptile Supplies and cop a fine for not saying on their import permit what they really are.

lf l hear of anyone selling any Australian Reptile's under false names, or cross-breeding them so they can sell them in Victoria or Western Australia, where their not on Licence, you will be reported to your local wildlife and permit office in your state.

reptilian, thats very true, stick to the one sub-species
Gecko-Mad, l myself could not agree anymore, lets just stick to the 1 species has they were born to be, instead of interfering with nature by creating or these new colour phases, so us greedy humans can get more money, by charging a lot more for them.:p

exactly reptilian, but we cant stop it, like said on the same ep of adrians reptile world, ''its human nature to mix and match''

um what if their the same sub species from a different location?

um what if their the same sub species from a different location?

W.T. BUY, lf their the same sub-species from different locations such as Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa then it should not matter, because they have not been cross-breed between 2 different sub-species.

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if a stumpy from one location will breed with a stumpy from another location

Only if they are of opposite sex!!

welovereptiles, may l ask why you want to know if you can breed stumpy's from different locations, is it that you want to cross-breed them and create a new colour phase.

Are you aware that in western australia you cannot keep the tiliqua rugosa aspera on licence, you can only keep the tiliqua rugosa rugosa on licence in western australia, that are found natually in the wild over there.

We don't want people like you going-ahead and cross-breeding these 2 sub-species of stumpy's, and then exporting them into western australia as tiliqua rugosa rugosa, when in fact they are half tiliqua rugosa rugosa and tiliqua rugosa aspera.

L know of a pet shop in western australia that got in serious trouble in 2003, from excepting tiliqua rugosa aspera from ultimate reptile supplies in adelaide, they were force to return the 8 of them back to ultimate reptile supplies and cop a fine for not saying on their import permit what they really are.

Lf l hear of anyone selling any australian reptile's under false names, or cross-breeding them so they can sell them in victoria or western australia, where their not on licence, you will be reported to your local wildlife and permit office in your state.

well done mate, spot on!!

I seen a bluey x shingle. It was stupid. Looked the same as a regular shingle, slightly less chunky scales and the tail was slightly pointed... I cant see why people would want to cross those 2 species together.

Last edited:
WELOVEREPTILES, I notice all your posts are in relation to breeding, and the very basic aspects of it. I don't mean to be rude, but do you really think you should be considering breeding this season if you need to ask questions like you have?

Welovereptiles, May l ask why you want to know if you can breed Stumpy's from different locations, is it that you want to cross-breed them and create a new colour phase.

Are you aware that in Western Australia you cannot keep the Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera on licence, you can only keep the Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa on licence in Western Australia, that are found natually in the wild over there.

We don't want people like you going-ahead and cross-breeding these 2 sub-species of Stumpy's, and then exporting them into Western Australia as Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa, when in fact they are half Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa and Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera.

l know of a Pet Shop in Western Australia that got in serious trouble in 2003, from excepting Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera from Ultimate Reptile Supplies in Adelaide, they were force to return the 8 of them back to Ultimate Reptile Supplies and cop a fine for not saying on their import permit what they really are.

lf l hear of anyone selling any Australian Reptile's under false names, or cross-breeding them so they can sell them in Victoria or Western Australia, where their not on Licence, you will be reported to your local wildlife and permit office in your state.

Do you even read the full post before you start blubbering on about crap. . .

He never said hey guys I want to cross sub species how do you do it?

He said can two from two different locales breed, i.e. a darwin olive python and a alice springs olive python :rolleyes: the answer is YES, they will mate, please for the sake of every aps member re read your posts before you click the submit reply button.

Just noticed you said at the begging of your post that you called them different locations, if your acepting thier localitlies and not sub species why do you rant on about how crossing sub species is bad?

Scorps

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back