Kleptomaniac Rat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_red_head

Reaction score
I went down to feed my rats the other morning to find I had left one open and the female had escaped. I left a spare cage open on the floor with some food in it to see if I could trap her again. This morning I go out to find I have a rat and also a new collection of rocks......Crazy thing. I took her babies off her about two weeks ago, she was just about to go back with the boy so perhaps she felt lonely.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 224
Classic! It's a shame rats are such good snake food - they have so much personality.

Hahaha how funny! I also want to know - why rocks? It wouldnt make a very comfortable nest... Not the best bedding/nesting material around... Why not something more comfortable and soft, like cardboard or old newspaper or anything else that was laying around? If I leave plastic bags next to their cage or towels, they pull them through...and use it as extra nesting material... Which is kinda bad, coz the plastic has the potential to suffocate the babies... They also chew up the wire mesh I have wired around the cage to protect them from wild snakes, and pull that through too! :shock: Poor bubbies...Get a mesh/wire and plastic garnished nest! Crazy animals they are! Almost like a Bower/Lyre bird (cant remember which one does it)...collecting stuff for their nest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back