python disasters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oreo1

Reaction score
is there anyone who has had a tragic disaster in keeping snakes?? eg. bite from venemous elapid, horrible death of pet, etc
a mate of mine who kept a cockatoo heard it screeching one night but thought since it's a pretty big, hardy bird it'll scare off anything that tries to attack it. next morning found his bird gone and a 6 foot long carpet python in the bottom of the cage. the lump in its body prevented it from escaping through the bars.:( its prolly a pretty common disaster this one but anyhow, any other stories??

A friend of mine had a 6-7 foot Port Mac carpet attacking one of his Macaws,he heard the bird screeching and went to check things out when he seen the snake around the bird,lucky he was home,other wise it would have been a expensive meal for the snake,now the wire is smaller so no bigger snakes can fit through the wire...

i had one of my snakes get let out by the kids and it killed my rabbit but couldn't get it down, and it also did the same to one of my quails. Got him back in his house now. So no more dead pets

Had a wild coastal get into my aviary and made dinner of one the galahs.

Heard the galah screaming, but by the time I got out the snake had killed it and was still constricting it, so I let it finish its dinner, no point interfering at that stage. Certainly not the snake's fault.

Im not sure who told her but my mother heard a story of a lady who had a pet snake which would sleep curled up on the end of her bed, when one morning she woke up and it was lying next to her stretched out straight. The lady thought there was something wrong with the snake as it never did that so she took it to the vet and asked them what was vet. The vet said it was sizing her up to see if it could eat her.....she sold the snake.

No idea if its true or not but its a good story

hahahahaha seems like everyones mother heard a story exactly the same.....

had a very sad loss of a beautiful uluru adult female not to long ago from a retained ovum, since i had not bred her before i had no idea she even had one left inside her, neither did the other owner or so they said anyway

Im not sure who told her but my mother heard a story of a lady who had a pet snake which would sleep curled up on the end of her bed, when one morning she woke up and it was lying next to her stretched out straight. The lady thought there was something wrong with the snake as it never did that so she took it to the vet and asked them what was vet. The vet said it was sizing her up to see if it could eat her.....she sold the snake.

Geez and I thought it was a mate of my uncles that nearly got eaten. lol:D

lol about 10 years ago a woman down the road from us called up in hysterics saying there was a giant snake attacking her cat. We went down to have a look but there was only the tail left sticking out :lol: nice carpet though.

my friends snake ate her two little beardies

i once herd a story of a local guy getting bitten by a brown. his brother sucked out the venom. the doc said that if it wasnt for that he would of died:shock::lol::rolleyes:

i hav heard that stretched out python one plenty of times, not sure where it came from??

I think a snake got both of my cockatials, but i neva saw it. They where screaming and i was doing a motor rebuild on my moto and the next morning i went to check and there was snake poo in the bottom of the cage.

This looks like a disaster. Someone here might know the story.

snake attack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back