Father Daughter Hobby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt have my dad around alot growing up.But when i did he was great, we use to go to the beach and do camping.He bought my brother and i motobikes one year and we rode them around the bush while he worked.
my dads a hard worker and tends to work before spending time with the family/kids.

Even though i do activites with my dad, I don't love him as much as other people love there dads :(
I hate the way he treats people when they piss him off, and when somebody makes a mistake he's always yelling at them. Even i get yelled all the time, but i always seem to put it behind me. I guess he's really stressed at work and thats why he yells, but that gives him no excuse to treat peole like dirt :(

Sounds the same like mine, my parents got devoirced when I was 2, got remarried and had a daughter, after all these years of blowing me off etc he wants to have a relationship with me NOW after nearly 14years..

You should consider yourself lucky he wants to have one with you at all.

I just wanted to say to everyone, appreciate the relationship you do have with your father while you can. I lost my Dad very suddenly and unexpectedly last year and honestly you don't know what you've got till its gone.

My dad and I were into D-I-Y, making things around the house. Being an aircraft fitter/engineer/inspector, he knew how to build things to last, by gosh!!!! I still, after 35 years, am the proud owner of a bedside cabinet I built, which is strong enough to stand on!!!!! Cars were the other thing, but the cars with no new-fangles stuff on them, just pure, basic four cylinder car. I worked alongside him when we rebuilt my little Morris 1000 he bought me for my 21st. He never told me htere were thongs girls couldnt do, and he firmly believed girls should know the basics of cars before getting their licence. I knew the basics of my little Morris from front to back, before I got my license, and we spent hours and hours of wonderful time together as he imparted his knowledge to me on how to keep it running. Ahhhhh - those were the days!!!!! Nothing was discardable then, we made do, and if something wasn't available for the car, his engineer skills came in, and he devised stuff to suit the car to keep it running till the proper thing was available. What skills he taought me through this, not just in handy 'man' work, but in all things in life!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks, Dad, you gave me something far more than a car or knowledge of how to put wood together to make things that last, you gave me you, for more hours than most dads would, you gave of yourself, and that was invaluable, no one could count the cost of that!

He now lives in an aged care facility, and I must watch him die, bit by bit, his mind fading and clouding as each week goes by. It hurts more than words can say to see such a wonderful, wise and witty man this way. It's taking him away from me by a small degree each week, each month, as time goes by, there is less and less of my Dad remaining, there is no dignity in Alzheimers, the disease takes all dignity away. I miss so much the man I had as a Dad, and I wish so much, I would give anything to get him back.

Appreciate your dads while you can, He won't always be there for you.

"Love you daddy!!!"

Last edited:
We're all strong people, we've all survived well, with or without a good relationship with our fathers......get your facts straight sunshine....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to say to everyone, appreciate the relationship you do have with your father while you can. I lost my Dad very suddenly and unexpectedly last year and honestly you don't know what you've got till its gone.
Sorry for your loss i can't imagine how hard that would be :(

my dads a hard worker and tends to work before spending time with the family/kids.
Thats the same with mine.. It's work work work work and when he is home he is always stressed out... Although we've had fun time like melting down lead in the backyard, Bomb fires, and he takes me out driving in the pine forests times ill never forget :D

Dipc, Sounds like you and your dad had great times. Alzheimers is very painfull as my Grandma had it and i felt as you do, and i wish i was closer to my grandma when i still had a chance. :(

Anyway, have fun shopping with your dad Rainbow..... Try to refraim from buying too much:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh give Axanthic a break, he probably learnt that line from his little sister pulling his hair and giving him wedgies 8) :p

Very touching post by the way Dipc. You're gifted to have such wonderful memories. It's cruel how life doesn't reward the good people, especially towards the end of their days. I wish you all the best.

Thanks for your kind words moosenoose. It IS hard, but Im hanging on to what I can.

To all others, I offer you this:

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a
day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 Beers.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of
him.

When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty
mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar,
He shook the jar lightly.

The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

He asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the
entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the
sand.

The students laughed..

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize
that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your
health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was
lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and
your car.

The sand is everything else---the small stuff.

'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room
for the pebbles or the golf balls.

The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have
room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children.

Spend time with your parents.

Visit with grandparents.

Take your partner out to dinner.

Play another 18.

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.

Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter.

Set your priorities.

The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer
represented.

The professor smiled and said, 'I'm glad you asked.'

The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's
always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.

Please share this with someone you care about. I JUST DID!

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...

...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN !

copy and send to as many as you like, there's no author, it came to me as an e-mail

cant say theres anything id like tobe doing with my dad, im happy not having anything to do with him. i dont know what im missing, as i never got to do anything with my dad as a kid other than wait outside a pub for him.
as for eveyone that has a great relationship with their dad, good on you. im glad theirs pople out there that do have the ideal father-son/daughter relationship. enjoy it

sadly my father lives in Melbourne and im in newcastle so its hard to spend time with him but when i do we go diving fishing drinking the later being a great hobby for both one day i will drink him under the table doubt its gunna happen soon but hey i can keep practicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back