Escaped pet python strangled girl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 02-Jul-09 06:50 AM
Source: NEWS.com.au via NEWS.com.au

A 3.6-METRE pet Burmese python has broken out of an aquarium and strangled a 2-year-old girl in her bedroom in a central Florida home.

Read More...

what did they not feed the snake...... whats gonna happen to the snake?

Hill said the snake will be placed with someone who has a permit, pending an investigation into the girl's death.

Darnell did not have a permit for the snake, which would be a second-degree misdemeanour, said Joy Hill, a spokeswoman with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Very very sad :(

What a ridiculous thing to say, it could happen anywhere.

Conflicting story, one says it was 3.6m and the other says it was 2.4 metres. Still sad though

You can never be to careful with creatures like snakes :( exspecially one's that big. I've made a vowl to myself that as long as there's herps in the house I will not have kids. I've seen this thing happen lots of times, and its all becasue of careless mistakes. But some poor kids life is now gone, becasue the parent didn't think twice. I hope that this is a lesson that we all must learn, herps can be just as deadly as aggressive dogs, and can kill just as easily. Herps and kids don't mix :(

Looks to be about the same size as an olive.
why didn't he have the enclosure locked? if it was in fact in the enclosure as it was stated.

god i hope my mum doesnt read this, she freaks out enough about me having snakes and kids, mind you i only have spotted macs

snakes and kids is no different to dogs and kids really imo, theres the potential for disaster with both

Such stupid parents... I hate that people so dumb can breed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back