What is this?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koalia

Reaction score
just found this on the side of my fisht/turtle tank its above water level what could it be? the fish i have are all live bearers besides a guarami and a singe tetra(rest the baby turtles ate) and a single yellow water snail. the blob is about 3cm long and 1.5 wide currently 10 cm above water levels but i have recently dropped the water levels of the tank so it may of been closer originally but never underwater. any ideas would be very much appreciated . the blob ----->http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9683/1005470.jpg

Attachments

• 100_5467.jpg
    100_5467.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
do you have snails? cause it looks very similar to what my snail left once upon a time

thanks very much :) i only have 1 snail but i guess they can have fun on there own good to know what it is i was beginning to think an alien had got loose in my tank

mystery snail eggs, keep the water level low if you can, the egg sack will dry out and in a couple of weeks the baby snails will hatch out and drop into the water!
:)

is it important for the egg sack to dry out? theres alot of condensation in the tank with the freezing weather and the tank being heated, that water droplet in the pic is just from the condensation

The water on the side of the tank ill have no ill effect on the eggs.

if they are viable they will hatch and fall into the tank they dont need to dry out completly. Your best bet is to leave them untill the hatch and scrape off the shells.

A

If you want many more snails that breed quickly leave the water level as it is, but if you want to get rid of them cull then in the freezer.

Thankyou all for your help, just read that mystery snails are the only snail that dont have both sexes so maybe it was pregnant when i got it or the eggs arnt viable guess ill find out in a few weeks, excess snails wont be a prob my turtles will appreciate them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back