missing hatrchling in the house somewhere

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reeko

Reaction score
hey guys my hatchling some how got out of its tanks in my house i have no idea where it went. iv pretty much looked anywhere. i was wondering if any one nos if it would leave the house or just find a nice warm place to hide. cheers.

oh sorry coastal carpet. he only about 50 cms long

Put it's hide box in a corner somewhere with a mouse inside and hopefully it's there when you look in the morning. Otherwise start looking at night when it's lights out.

Put a mouse somewhere in the house in a dark warm spot. Set up a hot area that will atract it. If you want you can put flour or sand in the door ways to see if its moving at night. After every one goes to bed wait 30 mins and with a flash light have a look around.

My experience and other that I have read by people that have lost then found their herp is, They find them curled up somewhere within a few meters of the vivarium.
Look high, (curtain rods) look low, (under the couch or behind the the T.V) for examples.

I've herd of the mouse in a box and the flour on the floor ideas, but has anyone had them work to help find their herp?

Hope you find him..

Hey,
Try putting a mouse under a heat lamp on the floor, or on top of a heat mat. I know it may smell, but a stong sent like that for a snake is irrisitable! also try putting hides, towels and boxes all around the house and check them daily. You don't have anything to worry about at this stage, snakes can survive for ages without food, and they usually don't stray far from home, of course why would u when you've got all u want in there! Our school python went missing last year, for 6 months, imagine in a school! it was orginally in the science room and escaped from its tank and went down some old drainage pipes that were no longer being used, and survived on dead rats and mice in the pipes :)
Eventually one day, my maths teacher was in the class room below where the snake was being kept, and out of the old troughs popped the head of a very happy and dirty snake :)

thanks for all the help guys iv put the heat lamp the rock a tree and a mouse beside my tv unit for the night with flour all around, so in the moring if he had moved ill no he is around. hopfully he turns up. its my first snake and i like him lol... wiill let you all no how i got.... thanks again..

i just lost mine for about 5 days i was watching tv and notice he was watching me lol he was very very hungry when i put him in his enclosure and grabbed the quicker than ive ever seen him...
you will find him put one of those snake bean bags around ur doors that go outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back