Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the Original owner of this python. I bought it from a Pet Shop in Local SA and it was advertised as a Female North Western (darwin). hmmmm very intresting to see all your posts because me and my mate think it may be coastal! this now confirms that it just may be! :shock:

Vix, he probably researched previous threads by experts here to come to that conclusion.

Why not get a scale count done?

Yeah, to get a better answer you would need something more than just posting a couple of pictures on a forum and having every man/woman and their dog guess what it is based on colour and pattern lol.

i can see some bredli, i can see some darwin, and i can see some coastal in it but i think it looks a bit like a southwestern carpet python (morelia spilota imbricata)

Last edited:
skin count???
A scale count isn't 100% but gives a fair indication.
According to "Field Guide to Australian Reptiles by Stephen Swanson"
The Mid body scale rows are as follows:
Bredli: 52
Metcalfei: 50
Variegata: 48
Mcdowelli: 50

Nuh I'm on your side, on further inspection i looks more hypo bredli :rolleyes:

Do i really have to explain again or should you just read the posts properly? :rolleyes:

The pattern looks similar to bredli, the colour like a coastal, obviously its not a pure bredli, i doubt its a pure anything!

Darwins as juvies are born with almost no patterning showing a very pinkish brownish sort of color.
When they start to grow so does there colors & patterns.
But this snake looks very small still & it already has very defined patterning & desent coloring.
I can see it has color & some patterning like darwins get but wouldnt say 100% darwin thats for sure.
Possibly could be a cross between coastal & darwin.
Like others have said wait till it gets bigger to make a better judgement.
I definatly wouldnt breed it unless you are certain either way.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back