Patternless Children's Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny

Reaction score
Gday,

Had this little girl out today and decided to take some pics.
She was mated to a reduced pattern male and laid a clutch of 6 eggs last season. Two hatchlings are coming up nice and patternless as they shed.
When I had her on display at the Expo last year alot of people were asking if she was a baby olive :)

enjoy

Jonny

Attachments

• tn_IMG_6451.JPG
    tn_IMG_6451.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 485
  • tn_IMG_6453.JPG
    tn_IMG_6453.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 398
  • tn_IMG_6455.JPG
    tn_IMG_6455.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 759
  • tn_IMG_6457.JPG
    tn_IMG_6457.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 403
Thats a nice patternless you have there Jonny,I really do like the look of "the baby Olives"
If you can post up some pics of the hatchlings for us to see.

I have a 15 month old stimmie, he was a year old when I got him. He has very little pattern on him, he's just a chocolate brown, and many people didn't believe he was a stimmie when they first saw him either. But he's got a very placid nature which I'm most pleased about. Your girl is very sleek and pretty....lucky you

Im not a Antaresia person,BUT those are stunning,minature Olives.

Gotta love 'em. Here's one of mine as a youngen:

081018-fcp03.jpg

Here she is with her clutch.

Attachments

• 04112008073.jpg
    04112008073.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 271
Nice Jonny , I have my adult girl with a normal childreni , hoping to get a few pattternless from them .

May as well show mine off too ...

Hatchling .
ChildreniPL.jpg

Adult .
Picture-738.jpg

Last edited:
What percentage should be patternless Brett.Im starting to like these lot...

They are gorgeous. Short-nosed mini olives, they are just like them, except they have pink tongues. The markings on their head, then nothing is very appealing. I like it.

Jonny that second photo of yours there is picture-perfect. What a lovely photo to have hanging up on the wall.

Thanks for the comments.

Chewy posted the pic of her after she laid. He bred her for me :p

As for the genetics its hard to work out. The mother of mine was a reduced pattern X patternless male. The result was one patternless out of ten.

I crossed the resulting patternless with her brother which was a reduced pattern from the same clutch and got 2 out of six. I have talked to some others who breed patternless and they don't think it follows normal autosomal recessive genetic patterns.

I'm hoping that one of the patternless hatchlings is a male so I can grow it up and cross patternless to patternless and see what percentage of hatchlings turn out patternless. Just gotta get round to sexing them:)

I'll try and take some pics of the hatchlings in the next few days.

Jonny

zomg theyre uber cute lol theyre the only ataresia i would keep ;) any of you see any for sale gimme a pm :D

zomg theyre uber cute lol theyre the only ataresia i would keep ;) any of you see any for sale gimme a pm :D

I've got an old female here from that line which looked more or less 'normal' as a hatchling. I'm putting a very small/young male patternless over her this season, as well as a nice normal male (simply because the 'normal male' is proven and I'm not sure if the young male is up to the job).

Hopefully I'll get some reduced pattern / patternless hatchies out of her/them.

If not, next season I should have a patternless girl up to size to go with that patternless male.

I'm not a childrens fan either but had the opportunity to see a patternless hatchy in the flesh yesterday and I have to agree, a gorgeous snake. Very cute miniature olive lookalike!

We have bred patternless to patternless for the last few years & all the offspring all are born with patterns but fade shed after shed.
She always lays 10 or 11 eggs & 100% hatch rate everytime.
She is already laying bellyup again.
We have sold ours in the reptile shop for $295.
I will have to check the hatchie room.
Im sure we still have some, must be 8 months old now.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back