Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures aren't very clear. Seems to be an orange/yellow glow to the the enclosure. Can we see some pics of him outdoors under good, natural light. Not sure whether he'd look nicer in overcast or sun but would like to see him outside, away from the glow of the lights.

His patterns look lovely, his colour is hard to make out..or I am just blind. :oops:

Its a Carpet...Mt DNA evidence concludes that M. s variegata, M. s. "Cheynei, metacalfi and mcdowelli" are all the the same...no subspecific variation enough to split them at all.

So therefore....breed it with a Coastal, Darwin, Inland or North West...they are all the same anyway

Cheers,
Scott

Are you saying that for all carpets?

"jungles, coastals, inlands darwins/north wests..are all Moreila spilota variegata
South West ..M. s. imbricata
Diamonds M. s. spliota
Centralians..M. s. bredli

Cheers,
Scott

"jungles, coastals, inlands darwins/north wests..are all Moreila spilota variegata
South West ..M. s. imbricata
Diamonds M. s. spliota
Centralians..M. s. bredli

Can you point me in the direction of any web sites or books with some detail on this please? I have been wondering about the genetic basis (if any) for Morelia classification for a number of years, but haven't seen any detailed documentation.

Thanks Guys!
He is 4yrs old, the guy that I got him from is going to try and get hold of some pics of the parents. I will try and take some more pics over the weekend.

there was a paper published in 2003 on the subject...id have to dig it up for the name...but it came out of work done at SA Museum

So if this has been confirmed with testing since 2003 why are they still listed as seperate species?

I wouldn't rely on wildlife authorities to be the most update source of information relating to taxonomy. From memory Vic DSE are still using scientific names that changed in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back