RIP basil :'(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FROGGIESrCUTEo_O

Reaction score
This morning at 8am, my dog died :cry:
We had one of those icepacks, with the blue gooey stuff inside, it got left out and he decided to chew on it, which is weird becuase he'd never chewed on something before. That morning we found he'd thrown up, then I noticed he kinda looked drunk, he was stumbling around alot.
We took him to the vet, the vet did some research on the ice pack to see what it contained. The search returned nothing and he said he should stay overnight AT LEAST to make sure he was okay.

11pm: Vet rings, he found out there was actually a recall on all of these ice packs last year, when a toddler almost died after ingesting it. We didn't know because it was in the Herald Sun
Apparently 4ml to a KG is lethal :cry:
This morning Mum went to the vets, the vet stayed up all through the night, ringing emergency vets to find some help. He was having seisures, so we put him in a medically induced coma. We decided to put him down, becuase there was no hope for him:cry:

RIP my dearest Basil bear, we'll love you forever :cry:

Jess:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

• DSCF3357.jpg
    DSCF3357.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF5317.jpg
    DSCF5317.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF3341.jpg
    DSCF3341.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 80
Oh im so sorry hun he was gorgeous im sure he was a great friend and company for you and ur family when he was with u RIP

(my dog chewed on a icepack once i flipped out luckily it didnt kill him but the vet said that they are so dangerous i dont think they should be legal since so many kids etc use them with injurys if they are that leathal!)

sorry for ur loss....i know its hard to lose a pet...hope ur ok

xoxox

Terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. Have you heard about.....Rainbow Bridge...??? It's where all our beloved animals go...they wait for us there...it's kinda like animal heaven. Google it...it's lovely, I hope it will comfort you. He is just a gorgeous looking little dog and so obviously well looked after and adored.

Much love, Annie xxxxx

I'm sooo sorry to hear jess:( i'm not sure if you guys remember when my dog died and i made a post with all our pics together, a kind member showed me this, it certainly made me feel better.XxxX

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Oh my god I'm either really tired or hormonal lol cos that just bought a tear to my eye. It's always so tragic to loose such a loved pet to such an accident. The poor thing, I really feel for you.

aawww, hun. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Its sad when we lose a friend..big hugs to you XXXX

Thanks guys
Yes, I've had a pony and my 3 really old dogs cross rainbow bridge :(
gah nikki that thing made me cry when I read your thread when you lost your dog, made me cry then too :cry:
Jess

I'm very sorry for your loss Jess. At times like this, its good to remember all the wonderful memories you shared with Basil. Stay strong xxx

It brought a tear to my eye too :(

So sorry to hear, i hope you & your family are coping ok. My childhood dog died 2.5yrs ago & i still cry for him. We can't talk about him in our house, it makes everyone upset.

RIP Basil, you were such a cutie!!

very sorry for your lose its allways so hard loosing a pet thay are like family esp if u have had them for a long time hope your doing ok

i lost 1 of my turtles on sat was really sad and i have no idea why he died :(

AW Jessie. I'm so sorry! Computer hugs!RIP BASIL.
I don't even know how many of my animals have crossed RAINBOW BRIDGE!
STAY STRONG!
Cheers
REG:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back