Hunters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but i just can't agree with it....its sickening to think ur willing to take animals lives just like that and for no reason. working at a vet its my job to try to keep animals alive...not kill them...so i can never condone hunting

Sarah I see what you mean but its the same with all the reptile keepers feeding woodies/crickets/ mice etc Do you humanly put down your bearded dragons food?

Why end a woodies life just to feed a pet? He could be out in the wild having a heck of a time but he is kept in a storage container crammed with egg crates and other woodies who might be his relatives? Same as stepping on an ant.

sorry but i just can't agree with it....its sickening to think ur willing to take animals lives just like that and for no reason. working at a vet its my job to try to keep animals alive...not kill them...so i can never condone hunting

They are feral, that is a very good reason to take its life.

sarah im an animal lover too, and as hard as it is you have to see it for the greater good its doing.
introduced pests are destroying the environment and native animals. they are also destroying farmers land etc.
my friend has a property out in Roma and they have to kill the kangaroos too, as the roos eat all the food for the cows etc and destroy fences.
it may seem cruel but as has been said, as long as they are killed quickly and not left to suffer it is very much the best thing to do.

Goats are fun, try chasing them with a knife lol. they easier than rabits and foxes but cant help with locations but to ask around about goat problems in the countryside

being a "Vet" then it;s obvious that you would know the difference from 1080 poison to a instant kill shot???

hunter here too rabbit duck fox out north Vic haven't really chased the big stuff yet

u guys can say whatever...and its ur own personal choices...i dont have to agree

Goats breed fast and if not controlled would turn Australia into a barren desert. When the goat price was good they were trucked to abattoirs in their millions. Now the price has dropped this is not very profitable and it can be cheaper to shoot them. Which do you think is most humane trapped in yards and trucked hundreds or thousands of km to be slaughtered in abattoirs or shot in the wild?

Camels are going the same way. There are about 1,000,000 wild in Australia now and the population doubles every 6-8 years. Most of these are impossible to catch and transport so shooting is the only option. If nothing is done our deserts will be deluded of vegetation and our native animals will not be able to survive there. Eventually most of the camels would starve to death and the centre of Australia would look like the Sahara desert with almost no vegetation or wildlife, just moving and expanding sand.

Somebody has to do something. The government should be controlling pests and protecting our environment, but are slow to act and everything they do is expensive for taxpayers. If volunteer hunters will control pests for free I am all for it, and so should anyone who cares for our natural environment. Anyone who thinks it is cruel needs to look at the alternatives.

you wont find to many goats melbourne ive asked around cuz bunnies foxs and cats are getting boring you need to go up towards nsw and sa befor you can really get and even then its pretty rare.

Goats are fun, try chasing them with a knife lol. they easier than rabits and foxes but cant help with locations but to ask around about goat problems in the countryside

i hate people who use anything othere than i rifle to hunt. THATS CRUELTY and unless your seriously good with a bow i dont agree with that either.

i hate people who use anything othere than i rifle to hunt. THATS CRUELTY and unless your seriously good with a bow i dont agree with that either.

There nothing cruel about hunting with a good compund bow with an appropriate sized broadhead. It kills just as quick as any bullet when used correctly. There is no differnce between someone who is a **** shot with a rifle or a bow. Both can be cruel if you dont know what your doing.

this is sick......im sorry guys but this is actually plain cruel

Im assuming your a vegatarian. Otherwise I cant see how you disagree with killing an animal. If you are buying your meat at a butcher you are just paying someone else to kill for you. At least when I hunt I know that animal lived happily & freely and died quickly. More than can be said for any factory farmed animal.

Ive never heard of anyone missing their target when using a knife, but i've heard of plenty of animals getting away with a few bullets or bows buried in them. You use a dog and a knife and you get hold of your animal it will be killed, can you say you have never had to put a second shot into an animal? Or never missed?

At the end of the day, life is cruel, whether it's a human hunting an animal, a owl hunting a possum, or a lion ripping apart anything it want too, always has been always will be. For the most part keeping animals is cruel, a animal slowly dieing of a disease is cruel, even when my wife won't let me go out herping on the hottest night of the year is cruel..., just try to keep your life and who / what it effects as painless as possible without being ridiculous about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back