het question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fidzy

Reaction score
is there any sure way of knowing if snakes that are advertised as hets, are actually hets???

Unfortunately there are no DNA test available yet. At the moment you have to wait until they are breeding age and breed them to a know carrier of the gene.

do people generally sell hets but really arent, because really your investing money based on someones honesty

im looking to get a pair in the future, so does anyone have any experiences of purchasing hets that weren't hets???

theres no way of knowing if a het is anymore than what has been said. best to buy from someone that has a good reputation that you can trust.

theres no way of knowing if a het is anymore than what has been said. best to buy from someone that has a good reputation that you can trust.

and who would be the best ppl to purchse off?

i brought a pair of hets (hatchlings) and although i wont know for 3-4years if they are or not i forked out the money. i asked to see photos of both parents and of the clutch he sent me a photo of an albino breeding with a het or normal (which throws 100% het accourding to the net) so i'm hopeing its all good i would say ask loads of questions (and i mean LOADS) if any tiny thing sounds funny i'd be wondering if hes on the level, if your like me and buy babys (cause its cheaper) then you have to go on blind faith. but i will say the babys he sent me are beautiful so i keep telling my self that even if they arent then after a few years breeding they will pay them selves off. still it would be amazing to see a little pink face pop out of one of those eggs!!

100% are far more reliable than 66% possible hets. With 100% hets if they don't produce white babies you at least have grounds for recourse. If you buy 66%ers there's nothing to stop someone chucking in a couple of normals to the mix. Because if you end up with a bunch of normals that can just be bad luck. There's nothing to prove that you were stitched up. I can't wait until we have affordable dna tests for this. In the mean time its just a matter of finding someone with a good reputation. Ask around and look for post of people selling hets in the for sale folder, then check if theres good feedback about them in the positive feedback forum.

That most important thing regarding buying Hets or any other higher end snake is the seller,make sure they have a good reputation,or if possible know someone that breeds them.I shall be after a pair most likely this season and i Know of 2 that i could trust from word of mouth,spoken to them,someone that has been breeding and selling them would defiantly have a good reputation.

and who would be the best ppl to purchse off?
have a read through the posts in the feedback section and talk to people on this site will help you find the breeders with the reputation that you want. personally id only buy 100% het, any less and you lessen your chances of breeding an albino as they are only possible hets till they are test bred to find if they are het or not

Southern cross reptiles will be able to help you. Whether you want them now or to wait a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back