*** caution unlicenced buyers ***

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a fishing licence is easy as too.. But how many of us have ever bothered with that... Hehehe Woopsies :D

It's illegal to keep reptiles without a licence for a start. Having a licence is a way of keeping records for all animals bought and sold so people don't poach from the wild. Basicly

That makes sense..

thank you

oh does that mean YOU MUST BUY a snake from a breeder or given one from friend etc.. BUT cannot catch one from the wild?... even if it wondered its way into your house?

Yes, you can not take from the wild, although in WA (unsure if any other states allow this) you can get a permit to collect from the wild.

There have been a few cases in Melbourne where people have come around to look at the animals, get there either have no permit or decide not to buy, the next week the house was broken into and all the animals where gone.

We always arrange to meet someone off site if we sell something, cannot take any risks!

Fell for it myself many many years ago.
Had arranged a day for the buyer to come and inspect the animal.
The buyer came out from a fair distance away and when he arrived we spoke for 30 mnutes or so. When it was time to say goodbye the seller tells me that they have applied for their licence but havn't recieved it in the mail yet. I stupidly sold it to him on good faith and told him to call NPWS and get a licence number over the phone and report back to me. Never heard from him again.

Anyways that snake died in my care :p

Fell for it myself many many years ago.
Had arranged a day for the buyer to come and inspect the animal.
The buyer came out from a fair distance away and when he arrived we spoke for 30 mnutes or so. When it was time to say goodbye the seller tells me that they have applied for their licence but havn't recieved it in the mail yet. I stupidly sold it to him on good faith and told him to call NPWS and get a licence number over the phone and report back to me. Never heard from him again.

Anyways that snake died in my care :p

???

I would apply my general rule to this: If I can't see it, it doesn't exist.

It's a modification on the old APS rule: Pics or it didn't happen.

Hi all just a quick note to let you know.....
I had a young guy come over to purchase a snake I had for sale and ....:evil:

He said he was licenced but that he had left his wallet at home so he tryed to get me to sell him the snake and he would ring through his licence details when he got home.:shock:

He said he had owned pythons before but that he had moved from QLD and had to sell them before the move.

When I said I wanted to sight his licence his father (who drove him over) got a bit upset and exclaimed that they had come all this way for nothing ! and went on to say that the snake was a gift as his son had just found out that he had type 1 diabeties (probably just a sob story):?

I said I would hold it for him untill he could come back with his licence....AND he was never heard from again !!!

I tryed to ring him.....no answer
Left Messages......No reply

I have no other explaination but that ...HE WAS NOT LICENCED AT ALL !!!!!!:x

So anyone selling animals BEWARE !!

thats all,
BYE BYE :D

yeah thats sly as..hate people like that..were they australian?

There are huge holes in the licencing system anyway . A reptile can be sold on to an unlicenced person by listing its death . An unlicenced reptile can go on licence as an extra hatchie or to replace an actual death . Like most people l do the right thing but like most licencing systems they can only police the honest people . When snakes are outlawed only outlaws will have snakes .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back