Jjj hottest 100 of all time!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where was sabbath or ozzy? or the true rock most of those songs suck! WHO would put franz ferdinand in the 100

Jeez...Australian bands had next to no representation?!
I didnt expect to see WPA, Tumbleweed or the Hard-Ons, but nothing from Radio Birdman? The Saints? The Go Betweens? Paul Kelly?
Ah well, Silverchair got in and so did the Hilltop Hoods :rolleyes:

i was surprised too....you am i was the only other oz band....no sunnyboys, midnite oil, the church or died pretty. i mean died pretty in their hayday was as popular as kylie mynoge in countries like greece and spain.
oh well at least jeff buckley is in there a few times. 'last goodbye should've been no,1...

i was surprised too....you am i was the only other oz band....no sunnyboys, midnite oil, the church or died pretty. i mean died pretty in their hayday was as popular as kylie mynoge in countries like greece and spain.
oh well at least jeff buckley is in there a few times. 'last goodbye should've been no,1...

Mmmmm.... I thought the living end were aussie, and i'm pretty sure Beds are Burning is by the oils...Did you actually listen or look at the list:lol::lol:

my bad... i only had a quick peek...but still ..last time they had an 'all time top 100' back in '98, 6 out of the top 10 were aussies.. jebediah were represented 3 or 4 times in the 100. that jebediah album has got to be an all time best album. songs like 'harpoon and 'leaving home'. and you am i's 'heavy heart' is also an all time best ever, especially live...man they rock like no other for 3 piece.
whatever happened to bands like regurgitor, frenzal rhomb and superjesus,even the whitlams
i guess it is such a big country that the majority of people that voted dont live near major cities and dont get the exposure to a lot of these local independent bands so the top 100 becomes more like an mtv top100.

was there really no chicks or chick fronted bands in the top one hundred? that's amazing haha. I didnt notice. I would have thought that "sweet dreams" song might have made it.

yeah the Hack program did a whole segment on the 100 and how there were no female artists or fronted bands in there.

Teardrops by massive attack had a female singing the vocals.........

no sonic youth, no mudhoney, no dinosaur jr, no pavement, no babes in toyland, ... those were/are good bands....

Teardrops by massive attack had a female singing the vocals.........

I'm fairly sure that it's a guest singer - can't recall her name.

The original was (hate to say it) no where near as good as this massive attack remix. And also someone (can't recall who) did a Like a Version of this song on brekkie last year. Was awesome!!!

Only one of my songs made it in to the top 100 - which shows a few things - I have either very different taste to the average triple j listener or... the music I like sucks....

But in all honesty - the songs picked were always likely to peak high so that was expected.

I think I wrote something similar in another thread about the same thing....

"Less than impressed but more than expected!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back