Any shooters?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto, good comment and sound advice!!!!!!! :)

just a suggestion mate and i beg you to take it on board

dont start shooting with large caliber rifles

start with somthing small a .17 or a .22 if your really must have a centerfire then go a .222 or 222. remington.

if you want me to give a list of good reasons why you should start small and work your way up im happy to but like so many people out there you probably wont listen and go out and get you 308 or 30 06 and never fully reach your shooting potential.

its like running befor you can walk.

Marlin xl7 In 30.06 would do you well. Just got mine in 270 yesterday and headin out to sight it in tomorrow. For the proce they are one of the best rifles on the market at the moment imo.Had a look at the stevens and it just felt cheap.

You can also buy reduced load ammo that will help you out at first until you are used to shooting

just a suggestion mate and i beg you to take it on board

dont start shooting with large caliber rifles

start with somthing small a .17 or a .22 if your really must have a centerfire then go a .222 or 222. remington.

if you want me to give a list of good reasons why you should start small and work your way up im happy to but like so many people out there you probably wont listen and go out and get you 308 or 30 06 and never fully reach your shooting potential.

its like running befor you can walk.

It is good advice but there are a couple of reasons why i wont take it lol. I'm not new to shooting, i haven't done it in a while but when i was growing up in SA i would often go out and shoot rabbits with a .22 with barrel sights and i was a decent shot. I haven't done it in a while so i wouldn't be brilliant but i do have some experience.

Second is a .22 is more than likely a bit too small for what i want to do. I'm not going to be shooting at a range at targets. The closest thing to range shooting that i would do is going down to the local crown land and blowing the crap out of some trees lol.

And finally i just don't have the money or storage space to be starting a collection of guns.

So i do apprecaite your advice and i'm not ignoring it... just not going to follow it :lol:

308 with scopes takes all the balls out of buffalo hunting.. My brother lived in Darwin for a few years and used a 30/30 lever and a dirt bike to get within a few meters of them

308 with scopes takes all the balls out of buffalo hunting.. My brother lived in Darwin for a few years and used a 30/30 lever and a dirt bike to get within a few meters of them

I love my 30,30 but dont know if i would like to use it on a buff :shock: Guess up close head shots maybe

Haha that's the other thing, i'm not a real huge bloke. A big factor in what calibre i should get.

HAHA Gordo - you'll end up with a broken collar bone just to start with.

This might interest you :)

[video=youtube;Cks6yEF8Rto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cks6yEF8Rto[/video]

And when you're done with your mini-guns... Try:

[video=youtube;xpDlJLMV1HE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDlJLMV1HE[/video]

My old man used to do the same thing with a lever .44 mag, then upgraded to a .45-70 when he gave up on the bike :lol:

bolt actions are O.K but if you need a quick second shot pump action is the way to go.

LOL meat recovery could be an issue!!!

Yes, you'd need a team to locate all the pieces that's for sure :)

OOoohhohohohohoho that is disturbing slimey!

As far as I am aware, the shots of the second vid are located in Afghanastan and are taken by the US Military (of course) shooting a 50 cal at mountain goat.

Whether the story is correct or not is not assured - but it's definitely something exploding that's for sure so either way it gets two thumbs up (haha).

Yes, you'd need a team to locate all the pieces that's for sure :)

As far as I am aware, the shots of the second vid are located in Afghanastan and are taken by the US Military (of course) shooting a 50 cal at mountain goat.

Whether the story is correct or not is not assured - but it's definitely something exploding that's for sure so either way it gets two thumbs up (haha).

lol that is really disturbing. The 50 cal (if it is the one i'm thinking of) was designed to take out machinery like cars and trucks lol no wonder it's done so much damamge.

lol that is really disturbing. The 50 cal (if it is the one i'm thinking of) was designed to take out machinery like cars and trucks lol no wonder it's done so much damamge.

Ah huh... that's the one... To destroy pretty large units.

:)

Mountain goats aren't small Gordo... and buffalo - even bigger :)

GET ONE!!!

Lol unfortunately Slimey due to is being a semi auto they aren't allowed in Australia. Otherwise i think that would be my weapon of choice.

i no a guy who used to snipe with a tripod mounted 50cal when he was in Vietnam,talk about a ball buster.....30.06 def not big enuf to take on buffs......deer n pigs would be beta....ive heard that there are some properties in NT that WONT let u shoot on them unless ur goin 45.70 or bigger..........dont know how true it is..........could ring around some properties and find out i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back