Bumble Bee BHP offspring pics !!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is an odd ball considering every other BHP I have found in the same area is black and white.
I haven't even seen specimens around here looking even close to this colouration. Fingers crossed I may stumble across a few more one day, as clearly they do exist.

So why havent the guys who had/have him been able to get him to breed?

Dave Dave Dave,

Just imagine if you didn't export bumble bee out of WA,
You properly of bred him successfully by now as you have bred WA BHPs a few times now.

It wouldn't be WA people wanting a reptile from another state any more as all the eastern state people would be wanting the offspring from bumble bee.

Last edited:
So why havent the guys who had/have him been able to get him to breed?

WA BHPs are known to be one of the hardest BHPs to breed in captivity but saying that not many people are trying to breed them.

bumble bee has been with people more than competent enough to breeding BHPs. Just sometimes some are abit more picky than others

i am sure somone will be able to breed him its only a matter of time. and boy will there be some amazing snakes

Some snakes just won't breed in captivity no matter what you do, thats one of the things that make the breeding thing challenging and rewarding.

There is nothing wrong with the reptile, in fact he is randy as and copulates no problem at all. Simply put, Rob has never had a female (Pilbara specimen at least) with adequate condition on it to be successful in the first place. It doesn't matter how skilled a keeper is at breeding pythons, if the females are not conditioned enough, it will seldom happen. The person who has custody with this critter now may very well have success as he has well conditioned females.

A few questions.

Is this specimen a "het" for a certain trait? (ie; axanthic? hyper?)

Would pairing up specimens from the same geographic collection point yield offspring similar in appearance? (as they might be 'het's or certainly atleast could be 'possible het'??

If so, does that make it a heritable trait or in-heritable trait??

Is Artificial Insemination a real possibilty or myth??

Are any forum members having success with this type of reproduction method?

Cheers

Last edited:
Love that guy....
Hope his color... transfers out to some of the offspring... when a female finally takes.

Wish I could put him with this girl.........They'd make a great pair.
DSC04410.jpg

DSC04409.jpg

Not as yellow...but, she the most yellow I've seen here in the states.

Good luck.

Cheers,
D.

That speciemen Derek is Stunning,did you breed her,have you breed her at all,if so do you have any photos of hatchies,cheers..

A few questions.

Is this specimen a "het" for a certain trait? (ie; axanthic? hyper?)

Would pairing up specimens from the same geographic collection point yield offspring similar in appearance? (as they might be 'het's or certainly atleast could be 'possible het'??

If so, does that make it a heritable trait or in-heritable trait??

Is Artificial Insemination a real possibilty or myth??

Are any forum members having success with this type of reproduction method?

Cheers
You would have to assume Bumblebee is Xanthic, So with that assumption there would be others out in the wild? And if a succesful breeding happens down the line then bumblebees prodgency would be het for Xanthic. Great looking animals,.... But it's still the better part of a decade before any possible het offspring could be line bred to test the genes....

re Bumble

Must be a few around now, Piet had some and they were offered around for sale,they get all the good stuff in europe and have great luck in breeding albino BHPs also and granite carpets,ancient history now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back