Shedding issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

discomat

Reaction score
Hey gang. So my blonde spotted has been upgraded to a wooden, well ventilated enclosure for a little while now. He has had 2 sheds in his new home, and both have been incomplete, leaving little bits of dead skin throughout the enclosure and me to have to assist. However all his sheds in his click clack were fine as it was easier to raise the humidity in there.

So my question is, what can I do to raise the humidity in a 4ft, well ventilated enclosure or at least what can I do to improve his shedding. I have tried putting a waterbowl in the hotspot and spraying the enclosure with water, but it made zero difference. He does not appear to be stressed at all and is eating very well and growing nicely (hence all the shedding).

Also apologies for not calling it sloughing.

cheers.

Ventilation

Maybe it's too ventilated? Sounds like not enough humidity.

Are there rough area's in the enclosure where the animal can rub against?

Some rocks etc, tree branches?

perhaps try when you notice him coming up to a shed, milky eyes and dull colour, give him a soak in a tub with a lid, in luke warm water (not hot), to help loosen the skin.

there is a log and a fake rock wall, and a rough textured skull aswell. That is what i am saying the enclosure is very well ventilated so raising the humidity is difficult. I will run him through water just before his next shed and see how that goes. If not I may have to put him in the click clack during sheds.

Cover up a couple of vents & if that doesn't work then put in a bigger water bowl.

Yeah i use tin foil to keep the heat in and spray the tank a few times

ok thanks guys. I will try and whip something up. I have a couple of weeks till the fat **** sheds again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back