Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
most of your worm eggs wont hatch until the are re ingested, waht you should do is worm again in 2 weeks, its at the 2 week point where you usually do a feacal float again and check for eggs, make sure you keep the enclosure very clean from now on untill its fully treated. i'd probbaly hit it again in 3months then you should be right. as long as your wormer treats everything you will be right. your wormer if it is like repta worm rid has panacurr in it anyway. it should eb done on an empty stomach for best effects as well

did you know you can catch the worms from the snake?
I was talking to my breeder who knows everything there is on every snake and he told me all about how sick your snake is,
If i was you i would get it back to the vet or take it there from now on until its better.
Did your costal have mites??? and your diamond had worms?
You really should be looking after your snakes alittle better.
Please dont tell me they share the same cage?

You really should be looking after your snakes alittle better.

worms has nothing to do with the quality of care he is providing for his snake. they usually come from the food (as far as i understand) If you read this thread through, you can see he is doing all he can to remedy the problem.

worms has nothing to do with the quality of care he is providing for his snake. they usually come from the food (as far as i understand) If you read this thread through, you can see he is doing all he can to remedy the problem.

+ 1. you shouldnt be making comments like that without knowing the proper info

I agree with lizardracer and fidzy. I know from experience that worming treatments can be totally useless in some cases, leaving the parasites to thrive. First signs can be when they regurgitate. You can't look at a snake and know that it has worms or not. Tell signs are the only way.

Hmmm, I dont know much about your methods of feeding but i would never ever feed my snakes (and not like i know but all 15 snakes i have have never had worms!) a rat that has been frozen for less then 2 weeks.
My reply here is due to the fact that people are not willing to take their snakes to the vet and that ****s me its really not that hard and doesnt cost as much as people think.
Everyone for some reason thinks they can just log on a web site and cure thier snakes with dog worming tablets.
Good luck with that dog worming tablets are for dogs go fork out a couple of bucks and get the real things

Hmmm, I dont know much about your methods of feeding but i would never ever feed my snakes (and not like i know but all 15 snakes i have have never had worms!) a rat that has been frozen for less then 2 weeks.
My reply here is due to the fact that people are not willing to take their snakes to the vet and that ****s me its really not that hard and doesnt cost as much as people think.
Everyone for some reason thinks they can just log on a web site and cure thier snakes with dog worming tablets.
Good luck with that dog worming tablets are for dogs go fork out a couple of bucks and get the real things
I presume you are talking to me, as I'm the only one to mention dog worming tablets. As I stated in my post, its what my!! approach to worms is. Why would I go to the vets for a simple case of worms:? If after a routine course, the herp was not CURED! Then, I would take the next step, and so forth. By the way, dog worming tablets are not free...

I presume you are talking to me, as I'm the only one to mention dog worming tablets. As I stated in my post, its what my!! approach to worms is. Why would I go to the vets for a simple case of worms:? If after a routine course, the herp was not CURED! Then, I would take the next step, and so forth. By the way, dog worming tablets are not free...

First of all cockney red sorry if u got the wrong idea , I wasnt picking on you, if i was i would of meantioned you.
And to every-one else im not saying that this man has given his snakes worms from not looking after it, its more a case of once the snake is coughing up worms take the dam thing to the vet,
I should keep my mouth shut and from now on will, hopfully this snake recovers well if at all you see worms in its poo or mouth take it to the vet also be careful u to can catch those worms.

I just watched a shingleback lizard die the other day because the owner was too tight to take it to the vet and tried to cure it himself even though we told him it had RI.
Sorry about hijaking this thread.

There is nothing wrong with using dog worming tablets. My vet recommends that the likes of drontal or Canine-Allwormer, are far better than many others. They are broad spectrum, covers more worms than other brands and it does work. If it kills worms in a dog, its gonna kill worms in snake. I use nothing but dog, worming tablets.

OK OK i take back what i said about the dog tablets sorry guys........I much prefer to use i reptile wormer alittle dearer but just as good if not better in my book.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back