Masterchef Finals Winner...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple of Chef's observations here
I could not work under any of them.... None of them have the runs on the board to know how to run a kitchen.
The food generally was pretty late 90s and average.
I would hire Sam - think he would actually make a decent apprentice
I think of all of them tho Chris's Cookbook would've been the best read.
Po was far too inconsistant - If I was that inconsistant on a day to day basis I would not have a job half the time.
Just a couple of things I thought bout the show

recording and having all the apprentices tell me what happened on there days off

poh should of never come back any chinese shop could of cooked that ***** what she cooked im glad poh lost she was a b*%ch

byby_v8, most chefs don't work those ridiculous hours, especially if you aren't in a top restaurant. Most chefs in Australia work in clubs and local restaurants doing 3 straight shifts and two doubles or splits. The main ones who work really long hours are chefs in the very top restaurants in big cities; chef/owners at the top of their field; and idiots who are being exploited by employers who think they are Gordon Ramsay!

People simply burn out doing those kinds of hours, and most sensible employers are starting to realise that and ensure some kind of work/life balance for their staff.

not true!

I second that.... I have have worked 80+hr weeks in busy Pub Kitchens....
As for burning out I think that its a case of you're either cut out for it or not....
Even working in hotels in sydney in the 80s i was doing 60 hrs a week
then I ran a restaurant on the north shore and was doing 6 1/2 days aweek . yes julie could do that and run her family:rolleyes: burn out what do you mean just because i make sw for aliving now is not a sign of burnout :?

shoulda been either chris or justine....julie was good but not GREAT or really that inventive i dont think and just a mess as well. Chris was always so sorted and clean and on the ball and justine may have become a bit stressed here and there but was stillmuch more together than julie was.

just had an apithany -- chris was a ring in he is already a chef !!!!!!!
you could tell by the way he grabbed a beer in every chalenge -- drank most of it and used a bit at the end

I second that.... I have have worked 80+hr weeks in busy Pub Kitchens....
As for burning out I think that its a case of you're either cut out for it or not....

my point exactly i live on the coast, not in a city and have worked in clubs pubs and fine dinning doing minimum 50 hours at all of them and in the busy seasons doing up to 80. wen u love it you dont burn out u just pump up and get the job done.

The last two should of been Blonde chick and Christ...Not Po, she just learnt everything they taught her and SHE KNEW NOTHING in the beginning, same with Julie and her house cooking..Althoughs Chris is a ****er, I would of wanted the Blonde chick to of won, and HATED it when that *** chef asked her to work experience at starcity, HELL, she should have her own place or be bossing Him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back