Setting Up Heatcords

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalizard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering how to set up heat cords on Glass tanks. I would like to set it up on the back wall of the tank but how do I get it to stay there? The temp will be 26-28C. Can it go directly on the glass? The cord is 3.8m long but I only need a little bit...would this be a fire hazard if the rest of the cord is left on the ground? If yes where do you put the excess?

Also, how do I set a probe thermostat up to it?

The cord is like this...
!BW(IySw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,WWnBK(Fc(H)O!~~_1.JPG

Thanks, Daniel

Or would it be eaiser putting a heatmat on the back of it?

use something like duct tape or aluminum tape to hold it up

But wouldn't the tape loss it's stickiness with the heat?

No, it is pretty strong. People who race swear by it and they would warm it up hotter than 30-40deg.
Top name you have btw.;):D

I am assuming the cord is staying on the outside of the tank... You dont want to put tape inside where your pet could get attached to it, when it comes unstuck a little...

Also most people put the cord on the bottom, underneath your tank, you can then also put you probe under there to get a accurate temp....

Put a heat light or radiator in the enclosure. Roof mounted, saves stuffing around with heatcords and tape etc.

Ok, this tank is for my hermit crabs as they are moving out of the 3ft tank. Im putting it on the side (on the outside) because if you have it under the tank it drys the substrate out too much.

Hoon84, Ive been using heat lights for awhile on my hermit crabs but it tends to dry the surface and when switched off, the tank goes cold again at night. And I'm not going to use a coloured party globe. Its almost impossible to get a heat lamp in this tank anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back